ASIANS rejoice (both types)

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/20/film.haroldandkumar.ap/index.htmlI dont care how inane the movie is. i still remember freaking the fuck out when i saw both types of asians on a massive billboard out the movie theatre. whitecastle forever.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I think this movie is important to Asian Representation and Image awareness for American audiences.

Shit is a classic in my book and look forward to a part 2.

"Shotgun Anus!"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I think the Harold and Kumar movies are important for the representation of Jewish writers in Hollywood, as there traditionally have not been many of those.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    I think the Harold and Kumar movies are important for the representation of Jewish writers in Hollywood, as there traditionally have not been many of those.

you know what, when the movie first came out and i heard that, i appreciated that fact! i automatically assumed it was written by one asian or the other, but to find out it was by a jewish dude make it even more facinating and hilarious. i mean someone writing a role with minorities in mind outside their own race is a foreign concept.

also, at the premiere, they handed out harold and kumar zigzags, i still have mine.

lmao,
    i was typing "harold and kumar zigzags" in google to find an image of the zigzags, and it linked back to my own site where i did my own review of it.

http://www.brownvado.com/kumar.htm

man the years have gone by

hahha forgot about this

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    When the trailer came on in the theatre here in Fredericton, there was some muttering in the audience that it was not cool to make comedy out of Gitmo. I'm not sure what I think. I guess it depends on how funny the film is.

i mean someone writing a role with minorities in mind outside their own race is a foreign concept.

HUH?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't know what's more corny, that movie, or this thread.

You, son.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

You, son.

, you..

i mean someone writing a role with minorities in mind outside their own race is a foreign concept.

HUH?

lol ya that wasn't phrased right in my state

what i should have said was it was really interesting that someone was writing in the major roles of second generation minorities into a movie, when they aren't a common thing in hollywood movies beside token characters...if that makes sense. like i said it surprised the hell out of me the writer wasn't asian themselves because who would think of casting roles like that? i say kudos to that, and wish it would happen more often

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

You, son.