who rides for Stoner Rock?

2»

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    A few more I gotta speak on:
    - Groundhogs (particularly their United Artists albums like Who Will Save The World?)
    - Three Man Army's A Third Of A Lifetime (Kama Sutra)
    - Litter's Emerge (Probe)

Plus, some singles:
    - Mouse & the Traps - "Wicker Vine" (Bell)
    - Crazy Elephant - "Dark Part Of My Mind" (Bell)
    - Curley Moore & the Kool Ones - "Funky Yeah" (House Of The Fox)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    This 10" is nice, too

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    check out this argentinian band, Los Natas

http://rapidshare.com/files/69188229/hombre.-.montana-MCMO.rar.html

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    yeah Los Natas is dope,

I like Viaje a 800 from Spain too

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    sidenote - Any of you stoner rock dudes feeling Wolfmother? I know they're kinda corny but I dig em. just wondering what the general consensus is.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    this is a great post
    rock - thanks for the knowledge man, I am from el paso and didnt know about any of the shit you mentioned.

sidenote - Any of you stoner rock dudes feeling Wolfmother? I know they're kinda corny but I dig em. just wondering what the general consensus is.

yeah I already know how that dude feels, lets try having our own opinions, mkay?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    not the best recording, but check out "New song Live" on this page:
    http://www.myspace.com/jointchiefsmemphis

the guitar and drums start to kill shit about 1:17 and the drum fills at the end of the song would make Bonham proud(as well as the kick work throughout the song)...pity about the fidelity...

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts

That's so weird -- that is a sign from a forest preserve not far from where I grew up. Where is that band from? I've never heard them.

I believe Lori (singer/guitarist) is originally from Chicago; at least her pre-Acid King band Bhang Revival was from there.

That's so weird -- that is a sign from a forest preserve not far from where I grew up. Where is that band from? I've never heard them.

I believe Lori (singer/guitarist) is originally from Chicago; at least her pre-Acid King band Bhang Revival was from there.

Wikipedia says San Francisco which makes sense since that album was on Mans Ruin which is Koziks label, and I'm pretty sure he's a bay dude.

• HamHam 872 Posts

their previous release was a split ep with another band, Firestone which have broken up, but firestone was damn good on that ep

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts

Wikipedia says San Francisco which makes sense since that album was on Mans Ruin which is Koziks label, and I'm pretty sure he's a bay dude.

That's where she moved to later (and wed Dale, the drummer from the Melvins).

their previous release was a split ep with another band, Firestone which have broken up, but firestone was damn good on that ep

fuck yeah that album is dope, I like this song although it's Truckfighters and not Firestone

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

yeah I already know how that dude feels, lets try having our own opinions, mkay?

Ha ha. I don't really have an opinion, but I did find this video amusing. I can see where the hatt comes from for such an obviously retro/ tribute band type of sound. But I say let them do their thing. Mike Patton doesn't come across so well in this video.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I'll ride for DOOM, but all that Josh Homme/Desert Sessions type shit I can live without.