mid week finds (Ill buy that for a dollar related)

2»

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Reissue People Hold On has white border around the entire front cover.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Reissue People Hold On has white border around the entire front cover.

Right. And it's on Motown instead of Tamla.

Motown reissued a whole grip of catalog titles back in the '80s. People...Hold On was one of them.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Yeah I got the date with the rain 45 a while back from someone on this board for $30 I think. I heard it went for big bucks. It's a great tune that I've played out a few times at various soul/funk gigs.

I think it usually goes for about $75 or so (the 45). $30 is a great price.

wh wha what??! This is the real news to me in this thread. I had no idea. That is a staple 45 in almost any old soul collection I go through.

Hm, thats strange - the reason its worth dough is because it is DAMN hard to find (although there are a few other Kendricks 45s that are all over the place)

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

A friend of mine was in the market in town, and picked up a mint, second-hand copy of Bill Withers "+Justments" LP for ??2. And then he gave it to me as he knew I like Bill.

That, I copped some stuff on t'internet.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    MPHO is worth 40-75???

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiittt

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yeah I got the date with the rain 45 a while back from someone on this board for $30 I think. I heard it went for big bucks. It's a great tune that I've played out a few times at various soul/funk gigs.

I was ganked!
    Nah, I'm kidding. I found a lotta records this week as always, but I'm greedy and don't wanna share the joy. I missed out on a Maximillian s/t record and I'm still sour over it.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Did I buy that from you? I can't remember who it was... but I know I bought one or two other things at the same time, including the Yellow Sunshine 45. If it was you Non, then thanks!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    This thread needs more finds less mufuggin talk...

So here goes, stuff from the last couple weeks, all real world.

• First ever Zep boot. Cool find.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Did you find someone to buy it yet?

Did you find someone to buy it yet?

Nope, but I did get kicked off two Led Zep boards for trying.
    Delving into the world of Zeppelin fanatics, has made me
    appreciate our little community here even more.
    Talk about minutia.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

please don't take offense, but that comma doesn't belong there.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I went to buy my sister some CDs for her birthday because she got her CD wallet stolen or lost a while back. Anyways I ended up with 3 CDs for her, 9 for me & the following records (also for me )

The Staple Singers is great, a mid-60s live session on Epic. I was over the moon to find The Contours at last because that LP has been a long time want of mine, original Canadian press. The Atlantics first LP, pretty cool Australian surf LP with at least a couple of monster cuts. The Wild Angels s/t has a few cool tracks by Davie Allan & The Arrows. Quincy Conserve is local New Zealand rocky/jazzy/funky stuff from 1970, great LP. I had been kind of kicking myself for passing it up for cheap a couple years back, but got pretty lucky today with this Excellent copy. 45 is The Bamboos "Pussy Footin". Off to the Bluesfest tomorrow to see Buddy Guy play again, choice.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

I was ganked!
    Nah, I'm kidding. I found a lotta records this week as always, but I'm greedy and don't wanna share the joy. I missed out on a Maximillian s/t record and I'm still sour over it.

OOOOWEEEEE..Maximiilian..I've never found that one. Yes, keep the finds , The same way I do.I'm real stingy when it comes to sharing my finds.

please don't take offense, but that comma doesn't belong there.

Thanks for the punctuation advice.
    Are you editing all the threads?
    Good luck with that.