LA Strut: Eyewear?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I need new glasses - any recommendations on where to find a good selection of frames without going broke?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    uh...no

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I need new glasses - any recommendations on where to find a good selection of frames without going broke?

Try making more money.

I got $1000 frames for $700 at Optomitrix in Beverly Hills.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    go to ABCee optical on sunset, it's right by LaBrea I think, they got good shit and they give good deals, I got my Persols there for like $50 less than everywhere else.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Matt Damon & Sally Jesse Raphael had a child?!

Try making more money.

I got $1000 frames for $700 at Optomitrix in Beverly Hills.

I'm talking more about $300 frames for $200. Man, I miss my Oakland store.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Give me a day to find out. I know someone.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Any Lenscrafters at the mall. If you have AAA, you get a nice discount. About $50-75 dollars when it's all said and done for some nice, thin metal ones

• jjohnsonjjohnson 23 Posts
    I recently bought a pair of $300 frames... but didn't want to get screwed over on the price of lenses like many places will do.

After a bit of research, I decided to try an online site (eyeglasses.com) for my lenses. Saved myself over 100 bucks.

it took a tad bit longer cause of the shipping time, but otherwise a good experience.

I'd prolly do it again.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What up O? Find a place that carry Toki eyewear. I wear ONLY Toki glasses. Titanium frames handmade in Japan with Pentax hi-index lenses. VERY well made, exceptional quality. Spending a lot of money on glasses is always a good look. It is not something you want to go cheap on.

http://www.tokieyewear.com/index.php

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    have you tried koreatown? im not sure if its the same over here but whenever anyone goes to korea they come back with a rainbow of frames from there cuz apparently theyre really cheap and stylish or something. i dont really wear my glasses and anyways i opted for the $20 copay joints from my insurance.

What up O? Find a place that carry Toki eyewear. I wear ONLY Toki glasses. Titanium frames handmade in Japan with Pentax hi-index lenses. VERY well made, exceptional quality. Spending a lot of money on glasses is always a good look. It is not something you want to go cheap on.

http://www.tokieyewear.com/index.php

I know Toki - good construction but I've never been that into their frame designs.

Shig: K-Town is not a bad idea.