Sample ID question...

2»

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    have the people who hate him so much listened to anything more than the singles on the radio?

I'm not all ruff ryders (ride or die) for the dude, but I enjoy his music. It's fun, he's got funny lines, and I can actually appreciate the fact that he believed in himself and made himself what he is.

• I can actually appreciate the fact that he believed in himself and made himself what he is.

word, and props to posh spice for making herself a millionairess popstar despite being unable to sing... i'm not buying her album though...

i have heard more from kanye than just the singles and honestly, i'm not impressed. he's got one of the worst flows since ma$e - even when he paraphrases classic common sense lines he still makes them sound terrible. how does that work? that's talent right thurrr

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I can actually appreciate the fact that he believed in himself and made himself what he is.

word, and props to posh spice for making herself a millionairess popstar despite being unable to sing... i'm not buying her album though...

i have heard more from kanye than just the singles and honestly, i'm not impressed. he's got one of the worst flows since ma$e - even when he paraphrases classic common sense lines he still makes them sound terrible. how does that work? that's talent right thurrr

Man, that's a massive oversimplification. Did you really just compare Kanye's music to that of Victoria Beckham? Please be serious.

I'm kinda with Controller 7 here - I don't quite understand why Kanye draws as much flak as he does. I didn't much care for "Graduation", but the previous two albums were solid listens. As for his flow, well, it's evident that his real talent lies behind the board rather than the mic, even if his ego tells him otherwise, but I don't believe he's anything like as bad as some people say. Ma$e's mush-mouthed delivery makes him sound like a recovering stroke patient, whereas there's at least some energy and effervescence in the way Kanye delivers a line, and sometimes he manages to be genuinely witty into the bargain. There's also something ironic about the way so many people criticise him for being an egomaniac. I mean, come on - this is rap music, i.e., a whole bunch of guys talking about how great they are. It's not like Kanye's all that much worse in that respect than countless others before him.

• Options
    In Boston we started using Coldplay as slang for trying to seduce a girl latenight by playing a Coldplay album.

"I pulled a Coldplay on Gina after Start!"

• Man, that's a massive oversimplification. Did you really just compare Kanye's music to that of Victoria Beckham?

no, i was talking about the characteristics c7 was attributing to kanye (which she shares) but fuck it - if you did take it to mean that then take it as that's my game and ain't no shame in it

or something

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Sounds like some Billy Joel live schitt to me.

My immediate feeling was "i'm still standing" or some other elton.

It's not a sample. He co-wrote it with Chris Martin from Coldplay, who did all the music.

Ahhhh so that's why it sounds hackneyed/reminiscent.