Obama's Pastor

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I mean look at what a mountain they made out of Michelle's molehill of "for the first time I'm proud of my country..."

Ridiculously, we can say Iraq was a mistake, that we're "headed in the wrong direction" as a country, but cannot blame America for any of it.

• Other cultures who have had to walk the road of the Black Experience here would be saying "God Damn America," too. There should be no debate about that.

No shit. I can't wait for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in re "patriotism", one quality in a candidate I couln't give less of a shit about.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    If KVH is right, and he does make it through the primaries, just be glad this came out now....

i think the race is over after PA, where she will lose. the hillary fanbase is growing slimmer by the day. aside from the "symbolism" issues that make me want Obama in office, this is what i will say that has rubbed me the wrong way about hillary:

when she was the front-runner, her attitude was diplomatic and in the debates she came off as being above the bickering between other dems...as if she was reading our minds in that all the dem voters cared about was reversing the Bush collision course.

when it got down to her, edwards and obama, her attitude shifted. edwards went after her and she took the bait. unfortunately, she is incapable of attacking others and remaining likeable. she just comes off looking nasty.

the real personality (and campaign) change came when Obama built momentum. negativity doesn't suit her, but her staff (or whoever is in her ear) totally gave her the worst advice possible. if she would have stayed diplomatic, i think i'd be campaigning for her right now in PA. personality and campaign issues aside, she is a very strong candidate....but as is obama without the excess baggage and with the plus of having youth, symbolism, oratory skills, etc..

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    think the race is over after PA, where she will lose.

I'm skeptical...but, I hope you're right.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i think the race is over after PA, where she will lose.

What made you come to this conclusion?!!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Ridiculously, we can say Iraq was a mistake, that we're "headed in the wrong direction" as a country, but cannot blame America for any of it.

Well said senor paychecks...

A poll from Monday has Hillary up by 15 points.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I think I'm still riding for Hillary. schitt is lonely.

A poll from Monday has Hillary up by 15 points.

She's got a ton of support in high places here.

However, It's gonna be up to the people.

If Black turnout is as strong as it's been recently in other states, that'll be a plus in the city.

It's the "Pennsylbama" parts of the state that I'm concerned about.

Can't trust it.

• I think I'm still riding for Hillary. schitt is lonely.

what? you are?

we have 5 weeks until the primary.

KVH, what's up with tickets for the April Constitution Center debate?

Get on the case!

If Black turnout is as high as it's been recently, that'll be a plus in the city.

She apologized to you negroes! Isn't that enough? Time for you negroes to give up on that half-White, half-African playboy trash who comes from trash.

With the quickness, Obama responds on Huffington Post....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barack-obama/on-my-faith-and-my-church_b_91623.html

what? you are?

yeah I am. I decided in like November that she was the best candidate and nothing has happened since then that has changed my mind. I know a lot of folls have cited the supposedly negative tenor of her campaign over the last couple months as reason for a shift to Obama, but in my experience these are mostly people that weren't 100% committed to her candidacy anyway. I'll ride until she gets beat and then campaign for Obama. we need a Dem in the White House.

If Black turnout is as high as it's been recently, that'll be a plus in the city.

She apologized to you negroes! Isn't that enough? Time for you negroes to give up on that half-White, half-African playboy trash who comes from trash.

^^^ Suspiciously avatar-ready post alert.

what? you are?

yeah I am. I decided in like November that she was the best candidate and nothing has happened since then that has changed my mind. I know a lot of folls have cited the supposedly negative tenor of her campaign over the last couple months as reason for a shift to Obama, but in my experience these are mostly people that weren't 100% committed to her candidacy anyway. I'll ride until she gets beat and then campaign for Obama. we need a Dem in the White House.

Why in November would anyone be %100 committed to a candidate if they didn't have anything to gain personally? That's a little early to pick horses, no?

^^^ Suspiciously avatar-ready post alert.

---------------- !

what? you are?

Why in November would anyone be %100 committed to a candidate if they didn't have anything to gain personally? That's a little early to pick horses, no?

I'll be honest I was still pulling for Edwards at that point but I considered Hillary to be the more realistic choice.

KVH, what's up with tickets for the April Constitution Center debate?

Get on the case!

i'll be out of town for work, but i do have a serious hook-up that could probably get tix....in the Hillary campaign.

is it like the ncaa tourney, do they section off the fans by their schools(candidates)?

, I can ride for Edwards as the second best candidate, but I see it more like this:

Obama > Edwards > Nader > Mayor McCheese > King Errisson > The king of Cartoons > Clinton

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Unless you have video of Obama saying this stuff I could give a F*CK.

I know people who cheat, does that make me a bad person?

And really.........someone's preacher said something crazy! Ohhhhhhhh...the world is ending. You ever watched any religious TV? That's way more crazy than this guy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Is 2008 when a black member of your congregation looks like he has a pretty damn good chance of becoming the first black President in the history of the U.S. really the time you want to roll out the "God Damn America" routine?

Fuck this guy and his rhetoric.

I might be wrong, but I thought only the Hillary stuff is recent. The "God Damn America" clip was a couple years old...

Is 2008 when a black member of your congregation looks like he has a pretty damn good chance of becoming the first black President in the history of the U.S. really the time you want to roll out the "God Damn America" routine?

Are you more upset about the timing or the rhetoric?

And really.........someone's preacher said something crazy! Ohhhhhhhh...the world is ending. You ever watched any religious TV? That's way more crazy than this guy.

For really. The same people getting the most upset about these comments are the same ones that are vying to put Jerry Falwell up for sainthood.

It isn't the fact that Obama "knows" this guy.....he is a member of his church and the perception will be that Obama supports his bullshit.

Watching a crazy preacher on TV is one thing, telling me you support said crazy preacher by watching him religiously(sorry) and sending him money will confirm to me you're a nutcase.

I'm afraid this will seriously hurt Obama's campaign.

For really. The same people getting the most upset about these comments are the same ones that are vying to put Jerry Falwell up for sainthood.

Dude...you're way off base....who cares if the Fallwell crowd gets upset, they weren't going to vote for Barack anyway...it's the folks who were torn between Hillary and Barack that this will have the REAL effect on...and you should give a shit about that given who you support.

Are you more upset about the timing or the rhetoric?

I don't like either.....neither will help us move forward.

Dude...you're way off base....who cares if the Fallwell crowd gets upset, they weren't going to vote for Barack anyway...it's the folks who were torn between Hillary and Barack that this will have the REAL effect on...and you should give a shit about that given who you support.

Not saying that at all. Just pointing to their reaction. How is that way off?

Trust me, I know that Obama has no chance of infiltrating that set whatsoever. I'm pointing to their reactions more than anything. I could care less who they vote for, at the end of the day they'll never vote for a Dem or McCain, willingly.