RIGHT NOW DIGS... aka

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
aka, "Spontanious Digs" aka, "RUN DOWN YOUR BASEMENT" digs (or in my case)RUN DOWN IN YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT AND JUST GRAB A BUNCH OF RECORDS AND TELL US WHAT YOU FIND.This is what I found since I woke up this morning:I know a couple of these records but mostly I don't know this shit. Seriously there are like thousands of records in my mom's basement. Now I got a camera I want to take mad pictures hahah.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    CHUCK RAINEY, WHAT WHAT!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Who the fuck is Dan Axelrod?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Lemme finish my first cup of coffee. I want to make another run. Be right back!!!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    how does that 'MoonDog" sound?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Okay, this was from the last run. Found a bunch of hidden boxes YAY!

• thats the batman and robin w/ Sun Ra on it

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Okay.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I dunno, my girl is watching MTV.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• undrealundreal 29 Posts
    GLENFIDDICH IS MY SHIT, DONT EVEN NEED TO MIX

GOT A 30 YEAR OLD BOTTLE MYSELF

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    Tide = HOT

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I wanna play, here are some small press LP's I was listening to lately:

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Don't even need to mix? As if it was ever appropriate to mix a single malt with anything other than water?

30 year old glenfiddich may be good, granted, but i'm definitely no fan of the 12. I like my malts like my women--strong and peaty.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Don't even need to mix? As if it was ever appropriate to mix a single malt with anything other than water?

30 year old glenfiddich may be good, granted, but i'm definitely no fan of the 12. I like my malts like my women--strong and peaty.

apparently we share some similar tastes. you ever try the laphroaig? even the 10 year is the goods.

ps
    fuck the water.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I didn't know you were such a lush!

apparently we share some similar tastes. you ever try the laphroaig? even the 10 year is the goods.

ps
    fuck the water.

Have I ever tried Laphroaig? Is the Pope Catholic? I agree, even the ten year is good, particularly when you consider the price. Soul Strut scotch drinkers stand up!

Busted!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Busted!

I know this sounds crazy, but I'm feeling like some Ruby right now...

h

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Cant put up pictures........but
    I was in my stash and I pulled Rick James presents Bobby M. Features Barnard Wright,Marcus Miller,and Jean Carn doing a version of "Lets Stay Together" LiteJazzfeelstuff.

• thats the batman and robin w/ Sun Ra on it

No, I'm pretty sure that the one you're thinking of has a different cover

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    thats the batman and robin w/ Sun Ra on it

No, I'm pretty sure that the one you're thinking of has a different cover

Actually, that is the one.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    some shit i was listening to today

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    What's crackin' beaches?

Oh, it's the sound of shrink wrap coming off these sealed latin records. Looks like I got bored and dug through some undug shelves. So far, just opened the Carmem Costa, which is pretty beautiful but not really my bag.... drums too quiet. And I had half a hope that the Ritmo Via Satelite was gonna be some psychy-bongo braeks but disappointingly, it's just good solid trad. Now, that LP called Fresa Acida can't be the same can it?

Back to it. Found some lovely Argentine shit yesterday but not posting it till I've found doubles on Musicstack!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    some shit i was listening to today

How's that Bobby Shad? Recently discovered I Want You Back on some sampler 12" re-ish and I think need more Bobby.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    this is what I found in my basement of my new apartment when I moved in

these I found in another basement

these were leftover from a dude at work who got taken away by the cops at work and hasn't come back in about 6 weeks