Only time will tell.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    damn hippies

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    How many diamonds?

latin/3diamond.jpg

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    sorry didnt see noz's blog post til now ... but lol
    About 24 hours after ???Birthday Girl??? was leaked to the web, a ???homemade??? video turned up on youtube, detailing some little cracker girls 18th birthday party. It???s a delightful affair, signifying that special moment in a young woman???s life when she can finally leave home to have sex with members of The Roots and/or the chubby guy from The Fall Out Boys. Quaint. But the video is just a little too polished and a little too timely. Wheels got to turning and the ever so brilliant webosphere collectively suspectively agreed that the youtube user Fall0utG1rl4ever was likely the work of Def Jam or Cornerstone, the promotions company that is working The Roots record. When not sending me ebayable mixtapes, Cornerstone also funds an in house music publication, Fader Magazine. And guess which magazine???s blog oh so innocently ???broke??? the faux fan ???Birthday Girl??? video? Right.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    it is catchy though, i'd like it without the rap and just as some indie song or whatever

and LMAO at chubby guy from fall out boy. its gotta suck to be chubby in a popular band haha

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

No music, but you'll get the idea.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    it is catchy though, i'd like it without the rap and just as some indie song or whatever

^ Why the Strut sucks in 2008.

This garbage is LFO. This would, with the right push, be on The Lite or Windy 100 for the next three decades. DEAL.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    it's a lil strange when each and every girl in the video is really f*ckable. Didn't see a single ugly or not-so-f*ckable chick in there...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    WHAT. THE. F**K.

What a joke.

b/w

It's a music video, did you really think they we're gonna fill it with ugly females.

b/w

I spy girls I wouldn't get with.

b/w

This post is a double LP and side 4 is blank.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    it's a lil strange when each and every girl in the video is really f*ckable. Didn't see a single ugly or not-so-f*ckable chick in there...

I'm going to sound a bit like a misogynist when I say this, but these girls are, frankly, ugly and repugnant lookists. The guys are honkey douches. They even fail as hipsters, who they'd aspire to be if they had less money and made more ludicrous fashion choices. The look that the cake-bearing drape-dress girl gave at the onset of the video literally made me sick. For several seconds. Cocaine is wasted on Beige Folks like these.
    (edited to add more vitriol)

It's got to be nearly impossible to be a conscientious high schooler with bullshit lifestyle-marketing stimuli like this.

And to reiterate: this song is utterly unredeemable refuse from a leaky trash skow of a musical group. This is the "Amber" (311) of 2008. That's not a compliment to either outfit.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I was feeling really good before i entered this thread - just enjoyed a really solid late night racquetball sesh, had some bomb thai, made some music, pondered the possibilities of melodynes direct access software, ate some peanut butter cup ice cream... and then this. Fuck this thread. Worst song/video of all time. Way to go, you yuppy-hop assholes.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'm going to sound a bit like a misogynist when I say this, but these girls are, frankly, ugly and repugnant lookists. The guys are laughable honkey douches. The look that the cake-bearing drape-dress girl gave at the onset of the video literally made me sick.

It's got to be nearly impossible to be a conscientious high schooler with bullshit lifestyle-marketing stimuli like this.

And to reiterate: this song is utterly unredeemable refuse from a leaky trash skow of a musical group. This is the "Amber" (311) of 2008. That's not a compliment to either outfit.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i dont understand what all the fuss is about (and the amateur e-detective work).

Its a music video.

its a bad music video.

theres lots of them out there, i try to avoid them.

Actually , I do agree with you on the one holding the cake she is pretty nasty but not the rest. If you can disregard them saying " OMG" and "that's hot" (a la Paris Hilton).Put one of those girls next to you and you're not gonna try something??

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Actually , I do agree with you on the one holding the cake she is pretty nasty but not the rest. If you can disregard them saying " OMG" and "that's hot" (a la Paris Hilton).Put one of those girls next to you and you're not gonna try something??

Absolutely f ucking not. I am a grown man with standards. I am very serious.

Taste, people. Taste. If I wanted bronzer and chemical peels, I'd move to Lincoln Park.

• ArtichokeArtichoke 112 Posts
    I dunno what all the fuss in' and fight ing is all abou t here. I think the vid eo is quit e good.
    cool song & good edit ing.like the party vibe s

I dunno what all the fuss in' and fight ing is all abou t here. I think the vid eo is quit e good.
    cool song & good edit ing.like the party vibe s

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaahahahhaha
    this whole thread is funny
    if i walked into that party id probly have a beer and kick it to a couple girls and leave soon after. but i wouldnt have my undies in a bunch like some of yall

since it wasnt a party but a video (and maybe a song) id have to say not my thing, but its not hard on the ears or anything.

yall are hating on the young white experience!! i.e yall are all getting old

and reynaldo had the best comment in the thread

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

This on the other hand. is not

the running is good. the song in fact is garbage.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    sorry didnt see noz's blog post til now ... but lol
    About 24 hours after ???Birthday Girl??? was leaked to the web, a ???homemade??? video turned up on youtube, detailing some little cracker girls 18th birthday party. It???s a delightful affair, signifying that special moment in a young woman???s life when she can finally leave home to have sex with members of The Roots and/or the chubby guy from The Fall Out Boys. Quaint. But the video is just a little too polished and a little too timely. Wheels got to turning and the ever so brilliant webosphere collectively suspectively agreed that the youtube user Fall0utG1rl4ever was likely the work of Def Jam or Cornerstone, the promotions company that is working The Roots record. When not sending me ebayable mixtapes, Cornerstone also funds an in house music publication, Fader Magazine. And guess which magazine???s blog oh so innocently ???broke??? the faux fan ???Birthday Girl??? video? Right.

I demand to know the nature, if any, of the one catchdubs' involvement with this hoax!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    the chubby guy from The Fall Out Boys.

That Fall Out Boys is actually a much better band name. They should change that shit.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I predict this song will be a bigger crossover hit than "The Seed." I like pop-sounding Roots much better than dark-sounding Roots, a la Game Theory.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I don't get it

that was the Roots???

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Oh my god, being afull fledged masochist i just played this upon waking up. Frickin' hell. Its got to be the the most saccharine, safest, most unimaginative shit I've ever heard. It doesnt have a single redeemable quality. And my god, the singers voice sounds exactly the way that cake-girls face looks. Impossible. This is so completely lacking in soul or edge that Im kind of at a loss. And this is coming from someone who loves guilty pop records - britney? check. madonna? check. the fluffier the better. But I have my standards.