James Mason reish goes for loot?!

crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/JAMES-MASON-Rhythm-O...1QQcmdZViewItemisn't this a bit strange...i'm pretty sure the people bidding this up thought it was an original copy...pearson says "RE" in the auction title...which i assume means reissue...but in the content of the auction says "we only sell original copies"...is this an original or a reissue?

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    since it says "out of print" i'm assuming its a re-issue. i think hes gonna get some mad people after this auction, but it's their own fault.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i dunno man...i'd be pissed...the people bidding it up probably don't speak english but know enough to read all the things in that listing that make it seem like an OG

he should have said more than "RE" right?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    All records are vintage pressings. We do not sell current reissues

i guess, but if i saw RE i'd at least ask the seller what he meant by this.

its not a great listing but you should always ask before bidding if something seems questionable.

what's more is that looks more like a bootleg than a proper reissue! according to discogs soulbrother gave it a reissue in 1999

and also on discogs...there is an original 12" for "Sweet Power"!!! that must be soooo rare

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Even seeing the label in the picture you can tell it is a re-issue. However, that is pretty misleading to say 'we only sell vintage pressings.. etc.' and then have this up for sale.

just the fact that it went for exactly the same amount that original copies go for tells me that people were confused

Even seeing the label in the picture you can tell it is a re-issue. However, that is pretty misleading to say 'we only sell vintage pressings.. etc.' and then have this up for sale.

yeah, i see this in a lot of auctions, but they tend to include "unless otherwise marked" or something IN CASE they sell a re-issue. if it said that it would be a lot less questionable.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    DON'T KNOCK IT BITCH

• All records are vintage pressings. We do not sell current reissues

Technically it isn't a "current reissue". To me a current reissue implies in print.

Its out of print, just like the OG. So its vintage nonetheless, just not as vintage as the OG.

Besides, theres a pic so buyer knows exactly what he/shes getting.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    DON'T KNOCK IT BITCH

lol.

Pearson's always answered any questions I've had quick fast.

I'm sure if anyone asked if this was a boot/reissue he would've said so.

Not sure why everyone is up in arms about this. Stupid people are all over the internet. Regular shit.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    DON'T KNOCK IT BITCH

lol.

Not sure why everyone is up in arms about this. Stupid people are all over the internet. Regular shit.

I'm with you here , if a buyer is actual thick enough to bid that much money and not realize it's a reissue with the information given (RE in name of auction) or without asking the seller first, it is kind of their own fault.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Saying: "RE" in the title is not remotely ambiguous.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    This auction is simply the result of

reputable seller that has sold thousands of raers(they get more for their auctions anyway due to reputation)
    +
    2 short attention span havin, raer-blinded, bidders
    =
    loot for reissue

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I copped what I thought was a reissue somewhere in the mid 90's. It's not an original but it isn't the Soulbrother reissue either. Was this a boot?

Scorpio maybe?

nice jim lahey avatar crink

crazyshitrock

DON'T KNOCK IT BITCH

lol.

nobody is up in arms...i sure as hell wouldn't have bid on it.

i would have left my "we only sell original pressings" tagline out of this particular auction and would have said it was a reissue in the auction listing just to cover my ass. he's gonna have an unhappy bidder when they get the record...don't you think?

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    this shit is all run by a robot automated lister. why do you care? it's a simple matter to zap the guy a refund.

i care deeply for rich french modern soul collectros ok?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    DON'T KNOCK IT BITCH

B/W

YOUR LIED

i care deeply for rich french modern soul collectros ok?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts

"I am the OG. Batches."

AP at Channel Advisor HQ

NOW WAA ME UUUUUUUUUUU!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Saying: "RE" in the title is not remotely ambiguous.

Yea, I alwsy look for the "RE". You can't expect people to plaster "hey in case your high and overly excited I just want to remind you that this is a re-issue from the last 90's which is why it still far to say that it is not a current re-issue"

AP does no wrong!

• was also reissued in the uk on producein the 90's (label to do with the uk group 'the farm'). can't recall what the label looked like but i think it was silver without the chiaroscuro writing in white - the sleeve is a lighter cream, hasn't got the pitted cover, and has produce on the back. i think this may be that version? it was a legal reissue not a bootleg.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The ones I find mad shady are cases where the reissue information is buried inside a thicket of text, with no line breaks, so that finding ANY information is damn near impossible.

• YOUR MAMA SUCKS ON MY SHIT COVERED INVERTED MICROPENIS WHILE STUFFING A LUNIZ PROMOTIONAL 5 ON IT LIGHTER IN HER SUBVERTED ENGROSSED CRACKHOLE ANAL FISSURE YOU ENGROSSED SHIT WIPE FUCKHOLE. DEAL WITH IT!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Straight up, "we do not sell current reissues." and selling a reissue is on some old bait and switch shit. F.U.C.K.I.N.G crooks.