everyone is seeing this right? Format-R

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Or is it just me?

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    yeah, soulstrut sans css. I like it! very web 2.0 looking.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    pure poo. i need lines! LINES!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I found the other version much more user friendly. I like the lines and I liked the colors on the main page. It was much easier to differentiate which threads had new responses. I'm confused now.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    This can't be permanent...can it?

I'm going cross-eyed - feel like I'm reading alphabet Fruit Loops floating around in milk.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    weird, the lines were only gone for a few minutes for me last night. everything looks back to normal now. the only difference is the thread-title bars are twice as thick as they used to be.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    now i understand what people were talking about last night, why does it happen to different people at different times? haha

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    That's why I ride for "desert"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    That's why I ride for "desert"

I'm an "SS 2006-2007 Retro" guy myself. No problems here.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    nosir, I don't like it

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It's back to normal! Phew!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    This can't be permanent...can it?

I'm going cross-eyed - feel like I'm reading alphabet Fruit Loops floating around in milk.

Plus having tables instead of CSS will mean longer load times and more overall data transfer (Raj's-hosting-bill-related).

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

<!--[if IE]>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="iehacks.css" />

<![endif]-->

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    href="iehacks.css"

Gotta love IE.

IE8 is supposed to be the shit. I'm a total internet gadget nerd.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    AHHHH!

im using the classic skin and now all the posts are white text on a dark grey background!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, this looks really bad to me. Is everyone's like this now?

I'm on safari, with the 2006 classic and it's been funny all day. Kind of driving me crazy. It's hard to read the threads.

even if I change styles nothing happens. It's all white with no borders. Is anyone else still haveing this problem?

I'm on a mac with osx and safari.

did I catch the cher.exe virus or the microwave.exe virus or the labcabin.exe virus?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    nosir, I don't like it

What browser and version are you using?

I tested this site in the latest versions of Safari and Firefox on my Mac and on IE 7 on my PC. All is fine. Let me know.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    What browser and version are you using?

I tested this site in the latest versions of Safari and Firefox on my Mac and on IE 7 on my PC. All is fine. Let me know.

i'm on OS 10.4.9, and safari 2.0.4 and I'm seeing the white-out version.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    same 10.4.9 and 2.0.4. Im in a blizzard right now..

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    same 10.4.9 and 2.0.4. Im in a blizzard right now..

[color:white] Can you see this? [/color]

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I'm on a Mac using the Soul Strut Steel 2008+ skin. Here's a couple of screenshots.

SAFARI 3.04[/b]

FIREFOX 2.0.0.12[/b]

OPERA 9.25[/b]

CAMINO 1.0.3[/b]

---

Looks like something is up with the Firefox colour scheme. And Opera is the only browser where the post content is centered.

Can't say about IE Explorer as I don't use Windows yet (making a Boot Camp XP partition on my new macbook pro later on tonight).

The main problem is with old versions of Safari. Always something. I'll figure it out... somehow

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The main problem is with old versions of Safari. Always something. I'll figure it out... somehow

Looks like there's a problem with Firefox too.

Those screenshots above were taken on my G5 running Tiger 10.4.7. I just checked it out on the Macbook running Leopard 10.5.3, and suddenly the colours were right again (I'm assuming the dark grey scheme is wrong, or????).

And what's up with that "X said:" thingy? Looks redundant. That only shows up in Firefox. When I switch to the Macbook running Leopard again (still Firefox, logged in), "X said:" is gone and everything looks normal.

* Edited *
    ---------
    It shows up in Firefox even when you're not logged in. I just hadn't noticed it in the first screenshot.

Oh well, looks like I'm safe with the version of Safari I'm using anyway.

Looks like there's a problem with Firefox too.

Those screenshots above were taken on my G5 running Tiger 10.4.7. I just checked it out on the Macbook running Leopard 10.5.3, and suddenly the colours were right again (I'm assuming the dark grey scheme is wrong, or????).

Another thing: I wasn't logged in when I took those screenshots.

When I log in (G5, Tiger), suddenly Firefox displays posts like this:

What's up with that "X said:" thingy? Looks redundant. That doesn't show up in the other browsers.

To make it even weirder, when I switch to the Macbook running Leopard again (still Firefox, logged in), "X said:" is gone and everything looks normal.

It's all stylesheet related. I have special code in the headers that detects whether or not an iphone is viewing the forum. It then redirects you to a certain stylesheet based on browser and resolution. Works great on all current browser versions. Obviously it's problematic with older browsers who don't understand the new cutting edge code and CSS.

I hate to be one of those dudes who threaten people to upgrade their browsers... and stop being so 2006. Then again... I enjoy easily browsing this forum with my iphone. Right now you can't please everybody.

So Far I have covered these bases with no problems:

Windows:

IE 7+ = fine
    Firefox 1.0 + = Fiine
    Opera 8.0+ = fine

Mac:

Safari 3.0+ = fine
    Firefox 2.0.0.7+ = fine
    Safari Mobile for iPhone = fine

Problems for Mac:

Safari 2.0 and below = white-out version
    Firefox 2.0.0.12 = dark grey table

Mac Tiger heads... see if you can upgrade to the latest safari or firefox. It's a small % but I beleieve we can do this until I can get a win-win situation.

updated safari and I'm good. Thanks Raj.