~Last Piece of Mega-Heat You Found in the Field?~

2»

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I really like when you are talking/thinking about a record for some reason & then find it in the field soon afterwards, it's happened to me a couple times & is a cool feeling.

it never happens if you think its going to though.

i experienced this a few times and then started being like "i wonder if i'll find that today now" and never do. however the times i didnt think about i came up by chance again. sort of a "watched pot never boils" type thing.
    capricornrising

• $1.

peace, stein. . .

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

it never happens if you think its going to though.

i experienced this a few times and then started being like "i wonder if i'll find that today now" and never do. however the times i didnt think about i came up by chance again. sort of a "watched pot never boils" type thing.
    exactly

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

$1.

peace, stein. . .

?!?!?!?! what does this sound like?

• Quote:

Last Spring I pulled a minty Gangstarr "Flip the Script" 12" Promo for $1 from one of my favorite street vendors in NYC. There were two copies there, but didn't realize it was mega-raer and only grabbed only one of them! Felt totally stupid, so went back the next day to snag the other copy.

Yo - I'm pretty sure my man picked up the other one from the same street vendor you're talking about.

then it probably fell into good hands. always wondered where it went, and in general, where those records that you miss go...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I did get that Flat Earth Society for 33 cents a few weeks ago.
    Not "mega heat" but I don't find too many $300 decent psych records
    in the middle of Madonna 12" at parking lot flea markets these days.

• $1.

peace, stein. . .

?!?!?!?! what does this sound like?

sounds really neat. of course she's one of the best singers in the history of soul(i.m.o.) two great dancefloor songs on here. it's 1977 so not j.b. funk and not quite modern soul. one song i would compare to something along the lines of "i believe in miracles" by jackson sisters.
    peace, stein. . .

• I found a copy of Tappa Zukie's Freak 12" at a Pittsburgh spot about a month ago. Super cool record and something I thought I would never be able to catch in the field. I think I paid $2. I also found a copy of ck mann's funky highlife at an out of the way place in West Virginia of all places- Paid $1 for it.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

that's a great record!
    and tough to find.
    haven't yet been able to part w/ mine.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    number of other joints on the RA label).

You mean, of the other three that came out on Ra? (malachi thompson - "seventh son", synthesis, and malachi thompson "legends and heroes") Or are there more?

• Quote:

number of other joints on the RA label).

You mean, of the other three that came out on Ra? (malachi thompson - "seventh son", synthesis, and malachi thompson "legends and heroes") Or are there more?

"seventh son" and "synthesis". was unaware that there were so few albums on the label...

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Almost two years ago for one euro and it still warms my mind.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I did get that Flat Earth Society for 33 cents a few weeks ago.
    Not "mega heat" but I don't find too many $300 decent psych records
    in the middle of Madonna 12" at parking lot flea markets these days.

You talmbout that same flea I found those rap 12"s at?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

You talmbout that same flea I found those rap 12"s at?

Some filthy spot in Dorchester?

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Almost two years ago for one euro and it still warms my mind.

That's some mega heat right there!!

Great record!