~AUSTIN~ (RR) Friends Of Sound Appreciation

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
There are less than a handful of shops in the US I would consider worthwhile visiting and this is hands down one of the finest. Excellent instore stock and a cool ass environment. Thanks dudes!

Comments

• Many thanks, Th*s. Hope the stack treats you well.

Any of you guys down for SXSW, be sure check out our parties on Friday and Saturday. FREE BEER.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    There are less than a handful of shops in the US I would consider worthwhile visiting and this is hands down one of the finest. Excellent instore stock and a cool ass environment. Thanks dudes!

I hope you didn't clean the place out! FOS is definitely top notch.
    You can catch Mike 2600 and myself there for an instore this Saturday.

• DurtDurt 9 Posts
    One of the best stores I have ever been to, very well organized. Great staff too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    When you're done shopping go down the street to El Sol Y la Luna and order the Chile Relleno.....I was there last week and it was top notch.....and bring the FOS staff back a cupcake from the Airstream across Congress.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Yes BIG SHOTS to Dave for always sending me the daily up dates FO SHO! The best Dollar bins in the US!!!! I think I want to hug your records!!!

• There are less than a handful of shops in the US I would consider worthwhile visiting and this is hands down one of the finest. Excellent instore stock and a cool ass environment. Thanks dudes!

I hope you didn't clean the place out! FOS is definitely top notch.
    You can catch Mike 2600 and myself there for an instore this Saturday.

the place is far from cleaned out L- I just got the CDs today. thanks for the mention mang.

thank for the kind words.

here's the web flyer for our parties:

• TrueStuTrueStu 91 Posts

I hipped my Dad to FOS and End of an Ear for this article:

http://www.tribeza.com/?q=pd/articledetail&nid=2453

If I wasn't broke I'd stop by more often.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• dude. . . what is good with the home brew.

master brewer

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    Great Shop that encourages instore drinking.Always a sign of a top notch record establishment.Kudos....

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Awesome store and awesome staff who have made quite a substantial contribution to our foundation...now, if only they could step their gangsta rap game up, PERFECTION.

Seriously, I'm so very proud of Dave and that he chose to open FOS in Austin.

Now, I'm left wondering what Gene's 7,000 records are gonna look like up in there...

• Awesome store and awesome staff who have made quite a substantial contribution to our foundation...now, if only they could step their gangsta rap game up, PERFECTION.

Now, I'm left wondering what Gene's 7,000 records are gonna look like up in there...

Woooooh there big dog, more like 1000 records. I'm glad it *ain't* 7000.

Completely agree on the gangster rap and it's something I'm working on.

Stay tuned...we might have something to add to our Saturday line-up.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Can I see some pictures of this fine establishment?

• Can I see some pictures of this fine establishment?

I'll take some flicks during SXSW and post them up after.

For now, here's a record for Harvey:

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    dude. . . what is good with the home brew.

I kegged another Hazelnut Brown Ale recently that turned out really good. I'd bring some by this weekend but I have to go to Houston. We'll have to sort out another time to catch up and drink more beer.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Awesome store and awesome staff who have made quite a substantial contribution to our foundation...now, if only they could step their gangsta rap game up, PERFECTION.

Woooooh there big dog, more like 1000 records. I'm glad it *ain't* 7000.

Completely agree on the gangster rap and it's something I'm working on.

Stay tuned...we might have something to add to our Saturday line-up.

Dave told me just the other day: 7,000 records.

Now, I want 7,000 or I will hate you forever.

Of course, I'm kidding. I'm very pleased to see you step up in a time of at least slight crisis....whether that be with 7,000 records or 1,000 records.

Friends of Sound 4ever!!!

• Thanks, RG. Hate that I missed you the other day.

• Stay tuned...we might have something to add to our Saturday line-up.

So yeah dudes, MINGERING MIKE BOOK-SIGNING AT THE FoS PARTY ON SATURDAY (or Saturady, depending on what hemisphere you are from).

This should be great. Hope to see all the Strutters in full effect......Mingering Mike....free beer....Strut-approved DJs....what more could you want??

• There are less than a handful of shops in the US I would consider worthwhile visiting and this is hands down one of the finest. Excellent instore stock and a cool ass environment. Thanks dudes!

I agree...actually, FOS is my favorite store in the US. I never leave empty handed, and I'm always finding cool 45s I've never heard of before in there. Not to mention there is a cool rock/psych section not to be slept on. I met Peanut Butter Wolf in there last Oct, and I look forward to hearing Finnegan's "Friends With Mosquitoes" song in the store again, haha...Dave is mad cool. Much respect...That Chop Shop mix is really good..

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Much respect to coolhands, the man with the tejas psych acetate game on lock. W/up, dude!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    agreed, great store! And great hangout!

• Can I see some pictures of this fine establishment?

Alright here go some shop and party pics.

The calm before the storm on Friday

View from the entrance

DollaDollaBinsY'all

More Dollas...Recordless Sleeves

DJ SnakeEyes from the UK puts it down

More SnakeEyes and other cool LP covers

Diggin'

More to follow...

• More diggin

Rock and Soul Bins

Pointman hooverin' 45s

Diggers' Eye View

HipHop and Disco Bins

• DJs work out European/US relations

Waxplo Old and New

Formin like Voltron

Mingering Mike

More Mike

• Saturday DJ Conference w/ the 2600 King, Delay and Coolhands

Yeti publisher Mike McGonigal at the listening station

Digger finds something interesting in the Collectibles

Strutter lepoohpooh found an ill hat in the alley. A young lady liked it!

Minneap to Tejas

Starsign on the Mix

Dave finds a rare quiet moment to chat w/ Mike

Yeah, I got a lil' faded

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    My homie is in town for SXSW and just texted me to say, "I just struck gold! I'm coming up so hard at this little record shop in Austin."

I wrote back saying, "So you went to Friends of Sound?" Now he thinks I'm psychic.

• My homie is in town for SXSW and just texted me to say, "I just struck gold! I'm coming up so hard at this little record shop in Austin."

I wrote back saying, "So you went to Friends of Sound?" Now he thinks I'm psychic.

L*ke??

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    My homie is in town for SXSW and just texted me to say, "I just struck gold! I'm coming up so hard at this little record shop in Austin."

L*ke??

That'd be him--he's that dude for real. And now he's raving about your store and the deals gotten therein.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Yeah, I got a lil' faded

it's definitely not a game.

• My homie is in town for SXSW and just texted me to say, "I just struck gold! I'm coming up so hard at this little record shop in Austin."

L*ke??

That'd be him--he's that dude for real. And now he's raving about your store and the deals gotten therein.

Yeah, nice guy. He consigned some of his mixes.