Dances you created but never got Credit 4!

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
As my wife and I where cooking dinner tonight we got our groove on and I created a dance kind of like the Rub or the Butt Basher, what I actually did was create a dance called the BOXOUT! It's like playing basketball when you box out to get boards but instead of getting boards you just BOXOUT!!! YA DIG!!! I know I'm not gonna get credit for creating this super duty tough dance, so that's why I posted up, like Karem before the skyhook!So I'm sure yall strutters got some dances, what's it like??? I know Jewbacca made that dance the Oreo Dunk during homcoming or was that prom.... hhmmmm

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    haha, in a similar Frickin' around situation I invented the "Bill Cosby" which is kinda halfway between a c-walk and how Bill Cosby danced on the intro to his show. Like bobbing my head up and down and shit, we were on the floor laughing for like a full minute.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    - crank dat polar express

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    The Funky 256 Corners, but then a bunch of people just had to dumb it down and call it their own.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the parallel park

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts
    I didn't come up with it, but my brother came up with a dance he called the "Alien Walk" which was a variation of Aunt Vivian dancing in some episode from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (the first Aunt Viv, not the second).

It was kind of like the Robocop, but the arms were pointed downwards and the legs moved in tandem with the arms...ummm yeah or something like that.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    The Today's New Math

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The Funky 256 Corners, but then a bunch of people just had to dumb it down and call it their own.

CUBE ROOTED!

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    My siblings and I take great pleasure in getting my Mum drunk and putting on some Stevie Nicks or Suzie Quatro or something that we KNOW she's gonna dance to, and waiting for the moves we have named.

(secret white middle class moves revealed!)

The one perennial move for middle aged ex rockers is called the "chicken scratch" which involves pursing the lips, leaning forward and scratching or stomping with one leg. First spotted at a straglers concert swathed in LOTS of acid washed denim.

She has other classics, like the "clap and wiggle" which is pretty self explanatory, and the "indian rain dance" which involves spinning in a slow circle with one arm pumping a fist.