Daptone records remixed? Latte pass?

jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Not sure if this has been discussed at all, but some of these remixes are sure fire floor burners for the select dj out there. Free downloads here:http://worlds-fair.net/news/2007/11/28/scion-presents-daptone-remixes-grab-them-all/

Comments

• muchos gracias, amigo.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah this has been out for a while now. That Kenny Dope/Sharon Jones remix is reeeeeeeeeefuckingdiculous.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Yeah this has been out for a while now. That Kenny Dope/Sharon Jones remix is reeeeeeeeeefuckingdiculous.
    This guy seems to always come out on point... The Spinna remix was nice too...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Plug but I have a grip of these I'm giving away w/ any purchase; http://soul-sides.com/2008/02/restocked-on-cds.html

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    was about to sleep but downloaded the kenny dope remix. now ive had it on repeat for 20 mins. sharon jones and the dap kings need to have kenny dope as their executive producer from now on. fuck.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    was about to sleep but downloaded the kenny dope remix. now ive had it on repeat for 20 mins. sharon jones and the dap kings need to have kenny dope as their executive producer from now on. fuck.

YES! email em and tell em!

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts
    For me the best cut is (hands down) the Ticklah rock steady version of "How Long". That is TASTY. Don't sleep on Ticklah's CD, either.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Got this a few months back when Vadim came through. Dope shit indeed.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Wow i was sleeping. just when you thought the daptones couldn't get any better. This is why i love the strut.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    This one here is my favorite, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - How Long Do I Have To Wait For You? (Ticklah Remix).
    My 3 1/2 year old daughter loves it too, she'll make me play it 10 times
    in a row while driving in the car.

On the other had the Hank Shocklee remix is one of the worst things EVAR.
    Avoid this one at all costs!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    This is great. Thanks for the headsup.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I've had this for a while. Pretty dope.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    do not sleep on "Chicago Falcon" (Washington Sq Lads rmx) feat. Wale. Pure fiyaaah. Done by Ronson and Eli.

• I've been giving out boxes of these at my Wednesday Night gig, trying to hip some of these kids. Great response.

Anyone know if there is or plans for a vinyl pressing of these (remixes)?

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    have been diggin this for a while. i played the mad professor remix of the daktaris when i opened up for dub trio last week. good times.

as a whole i definitely ride for these remixes.