My official graemlin campaign

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I'm hoping to one day contribute something worthy of the official ss graemlin list. This thread shall serve as a list of my submissions. here is my first submission:

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I'm hoping to one day contribute something worthy of the official ss graemlin list. This thread shall serve as a list of my submissions.

here is my first submission:

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    just cooked this one up.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Hey controller 7--you should put your graems on a transparent background rather than white. Unfortunately, jpg doesn't let you do this so gif is really the only option. png does do transparent backgrounds, but the results can be weird sometimes.

Other than that, I'm a big fan of your work.

thanks dollar bin, I've been fumbling my way through photoshop and teaching myself as I go. You can't do gifs in photoshop can you?

I guess I can run it through image ready with only one frame and just save it as a gif.

I guess i forgot that some people aren't using the same version of Soul Strut as me. Hmmph. I just realized that everything I've made in the past may not have looked right to a lot of people. For me everything has matched the background, but I use a version of SS with a white background.

you can definitely use photoshop to make gifs. An easy way for recent versions of photoshop is to use the "Save for Web" option, and then use the gif preset. Otherwise, in the "Save As..." use the compuserve GIF format.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I'm all for a Kat Williams graemlin, but shouldn't he be saying "This schitt right here"?

ha ha, I never even noticed that. I know the save as list, but I've never heard of it as "compuserve gif" and I guess I just went down that list looking for gif and never saw it becasue of the compuserve. I'll fix these two tomorrow and repost.

Question...

for the quote bubbles, should those be transparent too? I'm imagining some text not showing up depending on some backgrounds.

I'm all for a Kat Williams graemlin, but shouldn't he be saying "This schitt right here"?

naw, it's in reference to this. I think "that's my schitt" works a little better for usage here.

ha ha, I never even noticed that. I know the save as list, but I've never heard of it as "compuserve gif" and I guess I just went down that list looking for gif and never saw it becasue of the compuserve. I'll fix these two tomorrow and repost.

Question...

for the quote bubbles, should those be transparent too? I'm imagining some text not showing up depending on some backgrounds.

No the quote bubbles should be filled with white.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

naw, it's in reference to this. I think "that's my schitt" works a little better for usage here.

True. It would be difficult to lead up to "This schitt right here".

fixed, but the gifs seem to lose quality. Oh well.

and now to carry on with my conquest...

fixed, an now to carry on with my conquest.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

and now to carry on with my conquest...

fuckin AWESOME!!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I know i aint like mr. jeigh status or nothin, but can a man get his own graemlin? is that asking too much?

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

damn, that older gen M3 is,

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    can you plaese italicize "SCHITT!" or "MY SCHITT!"

• just cooked this one up.

I like it! If you changed it chicken to Popeyes it would probably get more votes though.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

When it's photos instead of just plain text that you are saving as a gif, you have to do a little trickery to make them turn out nice.

Do a "save for web" make sure it is set to 256 colors, set the dithering all the way up to 100% and your results will look nicer.

About the transparency issue, gif's are index transparency so if you take white out of the image it will remove all white (meaning inside the text balloon) so to get around it, fill the balloon with a color just a tiny bit off from white, then when you knock out the background, the ballon will stay filled.

The real deal is PNGs, too bad IE6 can render transparent PNGs properly, because it is the only format which allows variable transparency like a 50% drop shadow or images you can see the text behind.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    do one of batmon saying "dope!"

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    just cooked this one up.

I like it! If you changed it chicken to Popeyes it would probably get more votes though.

i was thinking he should change the chicken to hip hop.... or maybe that would make it "worst than a" graemlin...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    do one of BATMON saying "DOPE!"

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i already have one, but i havent see it in a while.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    do one of batmon saying "dope!"

YES!

Maybe I'll put this one together.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    just cooked this one up.

i was thinking he should change the chicken to hip hop.... or maybe that would make it "worst than a" graemlin...

Yea, this guy needs some bling, a bag of weed in one hand and Paris or somebady in the other.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I'm hoping to one day contribute something worthy of the official ss graemlin list. This thread shall serve as a list of my submissions.

here is my first submission:

Make this one next level and have him pointing a some doo doo.

this is dedicated to a few of you on here.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    this is dedicated to a few of you on here.

haha!
    seriously.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

work w/ this.... and uppercase all the letters.