School me on Brain Metronome?

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I had a few records from the label before I had to liquidate a few years ago. My interest in Krautrock has surged lately, and I feel like doing a thorough exploration of brain metronome is a good way to start. I know Neu, and Klaus Schulze, but I'm wondering what any of you folks might recommend checking out.Thanks.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    their catalogue is way too big. i have no idea where to start...
    most brain records are okay. ohr was somehow related to brain.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    bad thing is that the krautrock records are getting very expensive again. so some brain releases are terrily overpriced at the moment.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    a soulstrut favorite:

scorpions lonesome crow

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Embryo is cool...
    Release Music Orchestra has nice moments...
    Cluster is OK...
    Os Mundi... Wolfgang Dauner... Satin Whale... Emergency... Thirsty Moon... Gomorrah... all OK to me.

I'm not that keen on any of the Brain releases. My favorite is Rishkas Soul, but it's not even a Brain production. Just a rerelease...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I like Steamhammer

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Metronome is a tough label... stuff like the Vampires if Dartmoore as well as German pressings of Jimmy Smith's Mojo LPs. Strange label with TONS of good records. Rereleases plus originals. Some superb Krautrock. I just found another copy of Second Life on Metronome. Good stuff. The recording sounds strange though. No drums. Guitar too loud. Almost no bass.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    to be has that drum break and a bossa fusion track from the gl??cklich compilation. cheap and easy to find.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Cornucopia is cool

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I was disappointed by some Brain releases... liek Sperrm??ll, but I think Gorilla was OK

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Whoa, Are there multiple people using your login? 9 thank yous regardless.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    no

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    damn. i tried to reply no several times, but it didn't work...
    looking towards my 3,000th post

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Cluster is OK...

Cluster is great.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Cluster is OK...

Cluster is great.

OK. i mean yes... it's good!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Cluster

Zuckerzeit is sick

Musik von Harmonia is pretty awesome

I ride

yatha sidra bitch

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    yatha sidra bitch

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Really depends on what kind of rock / electronic music you like.

• blockoblocko 43 Posts
    yatha sidra bitch

yatha sidhra and kollektiv are two of my faves.

first two neu! are essentials and affordable.

i also really like the track "watussi" from harmonia.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Really depends on what kind of rock / electronic music you like.
    Future Days is probably the album that I would bring to a desert island. I think I'm interested in exploring Brain more for being exposed to a broader v ariety of stuff than I already have, as opposed to unearthing something to fill my musical desires.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    so you're looking or krautrock with a groove theme? no matter what labels?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Yes, and no. Musically, yes I want to hear krautrock with a groove theme, and a funky drummer. I'm always interested in hearing more music like that.

I'm interested in the Brain catalog for finding stuff that I don't already like, as opposed to finding stuff that fits the bill. So, more than anything I would like to know what you, or anyone else likes from the label.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Yes, and no. Musically, yes I want to hear krautrock with a groove theme, and a funky drummer. I'm always interested in hearing more music like that.

I'm interested in the Brain catalog for finding stuff that I don't already like, as opposed to finding stuff that fits the bill. So, more than anything I would like to know what you, or anyone else likes from the label.

some records have been mentioned. the other ones (rare ones) are just way too hard to find for me. and expensive, so i don't really know much. like i said, sperrm??ll sucks. people say it's good, but it's not!

best emryo lps: surfin and steig aus

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    brain label = no funkiness. mostly bad prog

• blockoblocko 43 Posts
    [

best emryo lps: surfin and steig aus
    haven??t listened to it in a long time, but i liked "embryo`s rache" as well

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    like i said, sperrm??ll sucks. people say it's good, but it's not!

Too blues-rock for me. I was close to winning a copy, but it went high, so I picked up a really clean copy of seesselberg instead. Not regretting that decision. It does got for silly money though, for what it is.