GREENLIGHT LOS ANGELES

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Shig,

Where'd you get your info about the cop getting shot?

i drove right past it on pico and hoover, which coincidentally is right near that chicken spot i told you to go to.

How does the entire news media stay silent on a cop getting shot, especially after the huge coverage of that SWAT officer?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    well i dont think he died. but like i said, i was driving by, asked the cop what happened then while i was looking for records right next to it some folks were talking about dude got shot in the face.

hey! not for nothen but in lighter LA current events news, last nite there was a new taco truck in my neighborhood. ON MY BLOCK!!! they served argentinian pupusas, michoacano tortas, kimbop, do po kee (pinkies!), some sort of chigee stew or jook thing and desayunos. its like a food court on wires! im gon try it tonite if its still there.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    food court on wires!

WIRE ON THE BRAIN.

oh yeah, im trying to pick up the slack and do some thorough reporting. i forgot to mention they also have beef bowl but it looks like ghetto yoshinoya.

hey! not for nothen but in lighter LA current events news, last nite there was a new taco truck in my neighborhood. ON MY BLOCK!!! they served argentinian pupusas, michoacano tortas, kimbop, do po kee (pinkies!), some sort of chigee stew or jook thing and desayunos. its like a food court on wires[/b]! im gon try it tonite if its still there.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Shig,

i drove right past it on pico and hoover, which coincidentally is right near that chicken spot i told you to go to.

How does the entire news media stay silent on a cop getting shot, especially after the huge coverage of that SWAT officer?

due to the bigger picture of whats going on it's understandable...

& neither of those articles are relevant.
    the big picture is some shit most of you cant understand unless your involved, don't expect the media of any sort to get this story right, the stakes are high & nobody who knows whats going on will speak on it for obvious reasons...
    so cal is hot right now, Santa Ana is on track to break it's all time homicide rate & its only march, avg 2per month, & contrary to popular belief the year santa ana had record homicides it blew many of the worst areas in LA out the water statistically... their is a power struggle both inside for control & on the streets for control & it's all drug related, only reason race is a factor, is because out here certain races control certain drug trades, i could break it all down but this forum is the last place im dropping the knowledge on the subject...

all i can say is

wow.........

nice! if u build a sidecar for it me and/or jeffie can be your house dj!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Shig,

due to the bigger picture of whats going on it's understandable...

& neither of those articles are relevant.
    the big picture is some shit most of you cant understand unless your involved, don't expect the media of any sort to get this story right, the stakes are high & nobody who knows whats going on will speak on it for obvious reasons...
    so cal is hot right now, Santa Ana is on track to break it's all time homicide rate & its only march, avg 2per month, & contrary to popular belief the year santa ana had record homicides it blew many of the worst areas in LA out the water statistically... their is a power struggle both inside for control & on the streets for control & it's all drug related, only reason race is a factor, is because out here certain races control certain drug trades, i could break it all down but this forum is the last place im dropping the knowledge on the subject...

all i can say is
    I would say its gotta be drug related for sure.
    I mean just as a coincidence there happens to be about 90 homicides this year alone in a huge drug gateway to the USA. In juarez, chihuahua, mx.
    Shit is crazy there right now, its all drug related.
    I would imagine, that it being a large pipeline to the states, would have some sort of implication on the drug game in a place as large and latin as LA

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/10/gang.killing/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Jamiel Shaw was just three doors from his house on March 2. His father told the 17-year-old high school football star to be home before dark. That is exactly what he was trying to do when, just before dusk, gunshots rang out.

Gang members pulled up in a car and asked Shaw if he was in a gang. Shaw didn't have time to tell them "no." He was mowed down before he could answer, police say.

His dad heard the shots from inside his house and immediately called his son's cell phone to warn him to stay away. But within seconds, the father realized what had happened.

"I just ran down there," Jamiel Shaw Sr. told CNN. Video Watch dad describe hearing "pow, pow" ??

His son was wearing the same shirt his dad had pressed for him that morning. "He was laying on the ground and his face was so peaceful. I knew he was dead."

"For three hours, I was just completely blacked out walking."

More than 7,500 miles away, Army Sgt. Anita Shaw was serving her second tour in Iraq. Her commanding officer called her into his office and told her to sit down next to the chaplain. He then informed her that her son had been killed on the streets of Los Angeles.

"I freaked out," she said. "I wanted to run out of the room. I was screaming and kicking. I was shouting, 'No.'"

Anita Shaw is now back in Los Angeles to bury her son.

Shaw is one of several innocent victims in a horrifying three-week spate of gang-related shootings around Los Angeles. A man was gunned down as he held a 2-year-old baby in his arms. A 13-year-old boy was shot to death last week as he went to pick lemons from a tree. In another incident, a 6-year-old boy was critically wounded when he was shot in the head while riding in the car with his family; two gang members have been arrested in connection with that shooting, according to police.

its like a food court on wires! [/b]

CHECK OUT MY LOCAL BLADE RUNNER STYLES

Forget the photos - how's the grub?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Shig,

I used to develop all the photos for SD Crime Lab. Cops are involved in shootings about once a week. Mostly they are doing the shooting, but sometimes they get shot too. Rarely if ever does it see press.

I used to develop all the photos for SD Crime Lab.

Just curious - was that your specific job? Or were you working at a photo lab that contracted with the SD Crime Lab?

Cops are involved in shootings about once a week. Mostly they are doing the shooting, but sometimes they get shot too. Rarely if ever does it see press.

I thought Shig meant dude got shot in the face and presumably was killed. I could see why a cop getting wounded doesn't make the news. Dead would be something else.

Forget the photos - how's the grub?

not good. but considering its a block away and u can eat noodles on the street it was pretty awesome.

i got a empanada that was still frozen in the middle, weinerdog kimbop (thats a kimbop with hot dog or some bologna product running thru the middle), and udon.

here's the thing. its cheap, i think the udon and kimbop were $5 each and empanadas are $1. but figuring in that ktown stays open really late anyways, you could prolly get something comparable in a actual sit down establishment. but i do like the ambiance of street dining and so i give it a thumbs up!

I'm feeling the red stools. And $5 udon sounds like the move. (Frozen empanadas, not so much).

Since we're on the topic, there any birria (goat) joints you like on the East side? I've been meaning to try a few.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    And $5 udon sounds like the move.

Best udon is at home.

Since we're on the topic, there any birria (goat) joints you like on the East side? I've been meaning to try a few.

el parian. pico 1 block east of union. really really tasty goat and flapsteak. restaurant style. no bone gristle. handmade tortillas. this spot is the truth.

• When I was living in Mid City "Tacos Locos" was right around the corner from my house (which may have made it taste better in retrospect) but they have it all up in there, On Venice, just east of Western, if you hit Normandy you went too far.

Proper proper.

Speaking of gristle, me and some friends hit up Shinsengumi Yakitori in Torrance the other night and my man ordered the chicken gristle. An acquired texture to be sure.

el parian. pico 1 block east of union. really really tasty goat and flapsteak. restaurant style. no bone gristle. handmade tortillas. this spot is the truth.

Spot truthiness confirmed.

I went there with a slew of people on Saturday. Beyond proper, especially the carne asade. I thought the birria was good but not quite as good as what I had in Highland Park.

The handmade tortillas were a nice touch but a bit too thick for a taco - you needed to peel it down to one layer and then it was about right.

Carnitas was nice and fatty but strangely over-salted. I'd go back for the carne asada in a heartbeat though. Damn that shit was good.

straight up its like having a really good flavorful steak. i usually always opt for the carne asada. the abondigas is the shit too, fyi. there's a goat spot in pacoima that i really like. i dont know the name but i'll try and make the trek out there and sort it out soon.