GREENLIGHT LOS ANGELES

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
THIS SHIT IS GETTING FUUUUUCKED UP!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    oh yeah. im talking about something entirely different. but since we're on the subject, is the final cut version good? i am actually a fan of the theatrical release. i need that VO.

oh yeah. im talking about something entirely different. but since we're on the subject, is the final cut version good? i am actually a fan of the theatrical release. i need that VO.

I saw the final cut in the theatre recently and it was incredible.

Greenlight = Plants?

• On the wall by my house: "Greenlight every muthafuckn thing"

Shit is getting really wild, even down here in south bay. I'm hoping my hair grows out with a quickness. Dudes rolling strapped again. I'm too old for all this!

no voice over tho, right? im not sure if its that i really like the voice over or that the directors cut has proliferated to the point where you cant even find the theatrical cut. but yeah, i think it adds a ton to the flick.

On the wall by my house: "Greenlight every muthafuckn thing"

Shit is getting really wild, even down here in south bay. I'm hoping my hair grows out with a quickness. Dudes rolling strapped again. I'm too old for all this!

EXACTLY. it aint pretty up here neither.

no voice over

lame.

yeah, the other day traffic was snarled up in the pico union area and. apparently a cop got shot in the face. middle of the day. i been checking for it in the papers and i havent heard anything about it yet.

Go go go goooo
    Go go go goooo
    Go go go goooo
    Go go red light (ah) green light!

Some sillies say I should be trophied
    Cuz it gets no stronger (Oh oh ooooh)
    Ladies ya'll know (yea girl ya'll know)
    This pimp ish gets no older
    Is that a threat (what's another threat)
    Yep! (that's another threat)
    From you, you can get no colder
    You got the green light (whoa)
    And you can't ride (whoa)
    You holdin up traffic
    Green means go!![/b]

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'm too old for all this!

It's pathetic how Evilraigosa & Bratton look during all this.

My son told me some fools rolled up on him not too long ago......shit is damn near out of control

i been checking for it in the papers and i havent heard anything about it yet.

Probably won't read or hear anything about it......Imagine how much shit it would stir if that was on the front page

Can someone explain pleez?

Gangs in Green....ganggreen?

i been checking for it in the papers and i havent heard anything about it yet.

Probably won't read or hear anything about it......Imagine how much shit it would stir if that was on the front page

see thats just it. this is the kind of shit that newspapers drool over. especially now when they cant sell a paper for nothen.

i guess my real question is why now? what brought this on? i mean, if i know about it and its not on the news, thats a problem. im not realy the most well informed individual in la.

this is the kind of shit that newspapers drool over. especially now when they cant sell a paper for nothen.

The last thing the LAPD and The Mayor wants anybody to believe is that crime is out of control and things are so fucked up cops are getting blasted in the face especially after a SWAT officer just got killed ....Bratton was bragging all last year about how violent crime was at an all time low and The Mayor just convinced the city to vote that bullshit Phone Tax in to support law enforcement.....The LA Times is one of the most liberal papers in the country and they've always been a blind supporter of The LAPD.....If the police don't want it in the paper,it won't be in the paper.....TV News is bigger joke.

i guess my real question is why now? what brought this on?

The last thing the LAPD and The Mayor wants anybody to believe is that crime is out of control and things are so fucked up cops are getting blasted in the face especially after a SWAT officer just got killed ....Bratton was bragging all last year about how violent crime was at an all time low and The Mayor just convinced the city to vote that bullshit Phone Tax in to support law enforcement.....The LA Times is one of the most liberal papers in the country and they've always been a blind supporter of The LAPD.....If the police don't want it in the paper,it won't be in the paper.....TV News is bigger joke.

last year in the midst of brattons braggadocio, the cops beat up some folks on mayday for no reason. im pretty sure the lapd didnt want the la times running a piece on that let alone posting the youtube of it on their webpage. but they did, no? there was also the delicious race war in the cali corrections that all local news outlets were running. villaraigosa i mean evilraigosa ordered the news sources to report that? who broke the rampart scandal? the la times. isnt the lapd still under federal oversight? i believe i read that somewhere in the times. the lapd wants the city to know theyre being babysat by a bunch of feds? i mean, thats like admitting theyre incompetent to run a local police department on their own accord. and if the lapd doesnt want people knowing that theyre losing control of LA, then why are there stories being printed about all the shootings as of late. especially in the last few weeks. im not on the streets but i can put 2 and 2 together. greenlight. but why?

youre right in assuming that newspapers and law enforcement work together. i think so myself. but there is a limit. and to say that the times wont report what the lapd doesnt want them to is ridiculous.

however, that still begs the question. why has there been no report on this cop getting shot in the face? im not buying the standing explanation.

in any case, it was like 80 degrees here today. i crossed fairfax and the white girls are looking really really fucken HOT today.

last year in the midst of brattons braggadocio, the cops beat up some folks on mayday for no reason. im pretty sure the lapd didnt want the la times running a piece on that let alone posting the youtube of it on their webpage.

It's not like they could ignore thousands getting their ass kicked and sprayed......TV was already covering the rally before the drama started...not to mention those carrying video cams.

there was also the delicious race war in the cali corrections that all local news outlets were running. villaraigosa i mean evilraigosa ordered the news sources to report that?

Of course he didn't order that.. but I'm sure The Mayor wouldn't object to any coverage that encourages more correctional funding.

who broke the rampart scandal? the la times.

and if the lapd doesnt want people knowing that theyre losing control of LA, then why are there stories being printed about all the shootings as of late.

I don't think the LAPD has lost control of the city....The only difference between the shootings now and in previous years is innocent people are intentionaly being shot at...cops included.........94 people were killed by gunfire in 2 months before all this coverage started ....That can't be swept under the rug .

im not on the streets

me neither

greenlight. but why?

who knows ? may not even be a "greenlight" .....if it is a "greenlight" i doubt that half the dudes on the streets know why........The reason for some of these murders are very obvious but not the majority

youre right in assuming that newspapers and law enforcement work together. i think so myself. but there is a limit. and to say that the times wont report what the lapd doesnt want them to is ridiculous.
    i agree there is a limit and i don't think the LAPD controls The Times but if a cop did get shot in the face and it's not in the paper something's fishy

in any case, it was like 80 degrees here today. i crossed fairfax and the white girls are looking really really fucken HOT today.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ....The only difference between the shootings now and in previous years is innocent people are intentionaly being shot at...cops included.........94 people were killed by gunfire in 2 months before all this coverage started ....That can't be swept under the rug.

Isn't this La eMe related? What was the deal with that bus stop shooting a while back?

ok, first off it is officially summer here. what was it like 80 degrees at 8am this morning? im not good with heat. in any form.

anyways, yeah, i am very suspicious as to things lately, cuz it is heating up in LA. especially for young folks. be safe with your kids hammies!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Can someone explain pleez?

Gangs in Green....ganggreen?

I found this:

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=723

Seems relevant.

hey man, are we still meeting up tomorrow? fuck it i'll call you.

yeah, the valley is hot too. it feels like its all of socal.

Dudes need to chill with the guns.

The media needs to be more responsible.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    So how many people have been killed so far this year?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Shig,

Where'd you get your info about the cop getting shot?

Shig,

Where'd you get your info about the cop getting shot?

i drove right past it on pico and hoover, which coincidentally is right near that chicken spot i told you to go to.

• Is relevant...partly.That doesn't explain everything, though.

http://laist.com/2008/03/11/just_put_down_y.php

LA hold your heads. WTF is happening out there?

• in any case, it was like 80 degrees here today. i crossed Ocean Park blvd. and the white girls are looking really really fucken HOT today.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    gawdamnn, the gang-related shit is downright depressing. stay safe people.