Green Dragon Recipes (and more)

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I stopped smoking tobacco. I just got tired of smoking, but this includes jazz tobacco. So I need other ways to consume the gris-gris. I'm not into this vaporizers or whatever. Please share your experiences with Green Dragon. Have you made it? tried it? What about teas? Or any other recipes would be great.Thanks

Comments

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Drop 3.5 of quality ground and a quart of rice milk into a small pot on the stove and simmer 4 20 with an occasional stir.

Pour it through a strainer into a Kool-Aid style pitcher and make sure to press out the junk with a spoon to get the last remaining liquid out of it.

Let it cool on the counter for bit, and then pour it back into the rice milk container.

One full shot seems to be a good dosage for cali top-shelf, and there are quite a few shots worth in a quart. If the first batch isn't fire enough, increase the amount you stir into the rice milk on the next batch until a shot is a perfect amount. As with most consumption, wait an hour before you decide to take more.

Keeps in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. Travels well. My friends fiend for it. I find it especially nice on sunny afternoons.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i havent made that in years, but i remember the way to make it was to use grain alcohol in a glass mason jar covering the broken up buds. Then you cook it over an electric stove (DO NOT USE A GAS STOVE WITH AN OPEN FLAME UNLESS YOU LIKE GOING TO THE BURN WARD!!!) till all the alcohol evaporates. Then you are left with this grenn extract. that you can strain out. Then you can drink or dip joints or coat bowls with it.

I actually dont really like it too much. I would rather make brownies with some strong budder. Check out vaporizing also if your not really into puffing anymore.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Drop 3.5 of quality ground and a quart of rice milk into a small pot on the stove and simmer 4 20 with an occasional stir.

Pour it through a strainer into a Kool-Aid style pitcher and make sure to press out the junk with a spoon to get the last remaining liquid out of it.

Let it cool on the counter for bit, and then pour it back into the rice milk container.

One full shot seems to be a good dosage for cali top-shelf, and there are quite a few shots worth in a quart. If the first batch isn't fire enough, increase the amount you stir into the rice milk on the next batch until a shot is a perfect amount. As with most consumption, wait an hour before you decide to take more.

Keeps in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. Travels well. My friends fiend for it. I find it especially nice on sunny afternoons.

Co-sign this method, using milk or soy milk, or coconut milk.

Makes a wicked chai.

Body absorbs things quicker when served hot.

The tinctures in my opinion are not really worth it or you will end up with a weird kind of high you don't like. This is mainly due to the fact that Cannabis and Alcohol form a new drug called cannibinol, no joke.

You could also try some butter tea like the rastas, just make butter like normal and put a TB in your tea, magic.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    but this includes jazz tobacco[/b].

bahahahahahahahaha!!!

reminds me of that old lady....

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i've been cooking HEAVY lately. butter is the way to go. set up double boiler(pan in pan with h2o between) melt pound of butter. stir in one ounce of shake/trimmings/crumbled bud. heat and stir for 30 min. strain thru cheese cloth. squeeze cheese cloth. let cool. use any time you would use butter.

• beatlustbeatlust 142 Posts
    ive gotta try this someday. when making the butter does it stink?

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    yes

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

this works really well. and it's easy. i'm trying with chocolate next time.

thanks

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Mary Jane Omelets.......