The Peddlers

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Man, I always see 45s by these guys around but have no idea what is good (if any) & what is . I have listened to a few & they sound like they could be good but maybe don't quite get there. Anyone know of any sides I should definitely pick up by these guys? Is the Philips stuff better that the CBS stuff? Maybe I should ask Roy Phillips one day (he apparently runs a cafe about an hours drive away)..."Hey dude, your band ever make anything real cool or were you guys just average??" That would be funny - apparently he's not very accomodating to people who ask about his "pop star" past!

Comments

• on a clear day...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    The Suite London LP is amazing. Most definitely worth picking up.

Changing direction slightly... my dad told me that Roy Phillips got caught up in some 'unpleasantness' regarding kids back in the late 70s... not quite sure on the whole story, but it made the papers at the time.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Hmmm, maybe I should ask him about that too, I'll be back in 2 hours with 2 black eyes.... I'll keep an eye out for the London Suite.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Oh, yes. By all means look for this.

From start to finish...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Oh, yes. By all means look for this.

From start to finish...

Massive co-sign.

Also, i thought 'on a clear day' was really so i seriously wouldn't bother.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I had the one with a B&W pic of a naked chick on the sleeve... Birthday was the title I think? Not very good...

Never seen 'the good one', don't think it was even released in the states?

• sleepsleep 54 Posts

what's the difference between the white cover with black writing and vice versa?

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    which record has on a clear day ?

i heard it on soulman's cd a long time ago and have never been able to find it.

most of there records are pretty

what's the difference between the white cover with black writing and vice versa?

The black one is a UK release. The white one is German I believe. Otherwise exactly the same album.

which record has on a clear day ?

Three In A Cell

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Comin Home Baby is on that... been looking for a clean 45 for a while.

• sleepsleep 54 Posts
    The black one is a UK release. The white one is German I believe. Otherwise exactly the same album.

thanks, i should read liner notes more closely!