The official March Madness 2008 thread

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    It's always a good tourney when the Dukesters are ousted early.

Agreed. My least favorite team in all of sports.

I suspect we could dedicate an entire thread to Dook hate.

• How far will Wisconsin go? I'm not an expert.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    How far will Wisconsin go? I'm not an expert.

not far. georgetown will take em oout next round.

• Yeah, I'm hoping they'll grind out a victory, but Georgetown might be too talented and athletic.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    It's always a good tourney when the Dukesters are ousted early.

Agreed. My least favorite team in all of sports.

Because?

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Yeah, I'm hoping they'll grind out a victory, but Georgetown might be too talented and athletic.

I'm thinking this should be a good game. Hibbert is top-notch, but Wisconsin has multiple guys with size to put on him.

• Fuck UCLA. Poor sportsmanship.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I'm going to the Midwest Regionals next weekend...can't wait! Also Michigan State threw a monkey wrench in my bracket today, I was doing alright until then...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Fuck UCLA. Poor sportsmanship.

really?

• Last second showboat dunks bother me.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    the refs were on UCLA's dick the final 6 minutes or so

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    How far will Wisconsin go? I'm not an expert.

not far. georgetown will take em oout next round.

Nice call.

sweet I get to see Davidson next weekend.

• the refs were on UCLA's dick the final 6 minutes or so

No shit they were. A&M kinda got jobbed.

Love gets credit for a few clutch Js....but in general the Bruins were way too cocky for gettin' took to the brink in what was basically a home game by a team that couldn't shoot straight.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    georgetown will take em oout next round.

there goes my whole damn bracket.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Last second showboat dunks bother me.

Nah...that's the only time I like to see showboat shit....missing one of those during the heart of the game can switch momentum real quick.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

my cousin is a bench warmer for UNC and just scored 5 f u c k i n g points on 2 for 2! hell yeah!

nice. Who is your cousin? UNC was up so much that I made a run to the paint store b4 they closed. I went to Grad school for UNC, and get to catch quite a few games.

he's #30, Jack Wooten. he's probably done playing for the season, cause arkansas looked pretty strong today! so good to see him get on the board though.

Looks like I spoke too soon, since my cuz got another couple of minutes today vs the razorbacks. No points, but an assist and still 0 turnovers on the year. I really think the fun time is over for UNC now though, since Wash St is a serious team.

Here's a funny article about my cousin's nasty facial hair which appeared in the Raleigh News & observer:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/1010133.html

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

my cousin is a bench warmer for UNC and just scored 5 f u c k i n g points on 2 for 2! hell yeah!

nice. Who is your cousin? UNC was up so much that I made a run to the paint store b4 they closed. I went to Grad school for UNC, and get to catch quite a few games.

he's #30, Jack Wooten. he's probably done playing for the season, cause arkansas looked pretty strong today! so good to see him get on the board though.

Looks like I spoke too soon, since my cuz got another couple of minutes today vs the razorbacks. No points, but an assist and still 0 turnovers on the year. I really think the fun time is over for UNC now though, since Wash St is a serious team.

Here's a funny article about my cousin's nasty facial hair which appeared in the Raleigh News & observer:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/1010133.html

As my 1000th post I'm bumping this thread so that:
    1) People will recognize the realness of the March-stache, as documented in the above article, and
    2) The madness is popping off again tomorrow, so this thread needs to get bumped anyways.

What sucks is that I'm travelling tomorrow and will be in the air for the UNC game. Dammit.

• Kinda surprised nobody has added to this thread yet.

How about Davidson? I think the referees calling so many fouls hindered UW since they play hard-nosed defense, but Davidson took away the Badgers' game, so I gotta give it to Davidson for a well-earned win.

In other news, is Texas vs North Carolina inevitable?

Just got back from Ford Field...I left at halftime of the Kansas game. Curry is superhuman, he had the place going bonkers. The refs were out of control but Davidson flat out outplayed Wisconsin. They were faster in transition, playing better D, and shot lights out in the second half when Wisconsin was raining down bricks. I'll have to find something red to wear Sunday, maybe a Cincinnati Reds shirt.

• Kinda surprised nobody has added to this thread yet.

How about Davidson? I think the referees calling so many fouls hindered UW since they play hard-nosed defense, but Davidson took away the Badgers' game, so I gotta give it to Davidson for a well-earned win.

In other news, is Texas vs North Carolina inevitable?
    '

I am loving Davidson right now. Curry holding em down.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Just got back from Ford Field...I left at halftime of the Kansas game. Curry is superhuman, he had the place going bonkers. The refs were out of control but Davidson flat out outplayed Wisconsin. They were faster in transition, playing better D, and shot lights out in the second half when Wisconsin was raining down bricks. I'll have to find something red to wear Sunday, maybe a Cincinnati Reds shirt.

Curry looks crazed.

UCLA, fight fight fight!!!

damn Louisville is putting up one hell of a fight.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    but unc is a juggernaut

question i know yall can answer...
    whats the story with the very end of the tarheels bench? or any elite program?
    are these guys realllll good, and could start at most other schools? freshmen waiting their turn? walk ons? lizard people?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    damn Louisville is putting up one hell of a fight.

UNC was basically playing a home game. They had total advantage by location.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Oh, joy--we could easily have an all #1 seed final four.

• What happened to Texas?

Is Memphis really that good?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    With all due respect to Kansas, Davidson you're our only hope for something interesting to happen.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    They looked too big for Texas to handle.

• That dude Dorsey is a beast.

Yeah, Texas looked too small and ill-prepared, strategy-wise.