Diggin' in Brazil...

ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
The author of these videos is probably on the strut, in any case his videos make me wanna teleport over there asap... http://www.youtube.com/user/soulfunkvinyl

Comments

• Me too, hahaha...LETS GO!!!...the name of the store is Soulfunk...I love that name...cool afro wigs and tshirts...I even spotted a copy of Michael Jackson's "Off the Wall"...looks like there is some cool wax in the store also...very cool little store...might only take 20 minutes to look at all of the LPs...maybe more...

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I was referring mostly to his videos in record stores in Brazil...next time I'm in Argentina I'll try to make it ovr there...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    first vid I click (Charles Records, SP) and I see bebeto, sambalanco trio, rio 65 trio, bossa tres, conjunto 3-d, wanda sa, ana lucia on just one wall....

dude this is my dream, tear tear.......

edson, how's their pricing?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    first vid I click (Charles Records, SP) and I see bebeto, sambalanco trio, rio 65 trio, bossa tres, conjunto 3-d, wanda sa, ana lucia on just one wall....

dude this is my dream, tear tear.......

edson, how's their pricing?

I hate going there, not because of his prices (high & over), but because any good
    record you see it's "consigned", which means he won't give you one cent of discount.
    Most of his good records are "treated", i.e., are polished to hide flaws.
    You look the vinyl and it seems OK, but when you hear it, lots of noise.
    I found a Jorge Ben: Negro ?? lindo there and he was asking $35 for it. I asked, why so cheap?
    He said that it was because record was slightly warped, but sh!t was really warped and unplayable.
    Dude is becoming famous for his shady business.
    Avoid, if possible.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Moogman is just trying to throw you guys off the scent. I went to that store and they had Mutantes, Novos Baianos, Tim Maia, Modulo 1000, and Verocais in their one real bin. All OG and all mint. They give out free caipirinhas and a beautiful garota gives samba lessons while you shop. The owner sells killer weed too for well below street price. Great shop.

Moogman is just trying to throw you guys off the scent. I went to that store and they had Mutantes, Novos Baianos, Tim Maia, Modulo 1000, and Verocais in their one real bin. All OG and all mint. They give out free caipirinhas and a beautiful garota gives samba lessons while you shop. The owner sells killer weed too for well below street price. Great shop.

DUDE!!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    why did you have to burst my private mind garden :-(

I still want to go, take me prease E. Then afterwards can your mom cook me some feijoada. Us Chinese like to think that eating a corresponding body part will improve its function. Nibbling on them pigs ears will make me appreciate the tonality of these bossa jazz laaars.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    The owner sells killer weed too for well below street price. Great shop.

• They give out free caipirinhas
    They give out free caipirinhas

I'd be posted up there all day, everyday.

There's also a real ill place in Rio up by the favelas. I forgot the name but I can dig it up if anyone is interested.

You're welcome, Aser.

I'll take you there and all the places I know.
    I just wanted to tell you what's the real deal.

Peace

why did you have to burst my private mind garden :-(

I still want to go, take me prease E. Then afterwards can your mom cook me some feijoada. Us Chinese like to think that eating a corresponding body part will improve its function. Nibbling on them pigs ears will make me appreciate the tonality of these bossa jazz laaars.