Bills, when do you pay them?

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Do you pay your bills:a) as soon as they come in the mailb) inbetween arrival and due datec) about a day before the due dated) I'm always a few days latee) I can't see my bills, the power is out f) I have people who handle that stuff for meI don't know why, but I always wait until they are due. I'm never late, but I always wait. I open the mail and look at the total and then toss it on the counter and just keep in mind that it's due soon. I have the money to pay it right now, yet I wait for no apparent reason at all.

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    With online billing you can now wait to the last second, 4:59, one minute to pay your phone bill. Proscratination should be a deadly sin.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I don't want to talk about it. Procrastination-related.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

d) I'm always a few days late

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

f) I have people who handle that stuff for me

Between my wife and online bill pay, shit gets taken care of.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    As soon as I get them -- I like to get used to that money being gone.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I pay my bills online and on the last minute. I call it "billing sniping". A shot of adrenaline.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    "time value of money"

b/w

"always a day late"

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I pay everything on the 1st. I use Rememberthemilk.com to keep track of bill due dates and a spreadsheet to keep track of balance. I have a separate checking account for checks and another for petty cash. Keeps me from going into the red. Started this system about 3 years ago when I kept over drafting my account. Haven't had an overdraft since then.

I do everything online and just shred whatever bills come in. Some bills I pay a few days before they're due and some weeks before they're due.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    every bill minus the condo association fee are automaticly deducted from my checking account

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    With online billing you can now wait to the last second, 4:59, one minute to pay your phone bill. Proscratination should be a deadly sin.

yep, my girl finally got me to stop writing late checks and start having bills paid automatically out of my bank account.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

yep, my girl finally got me to stop writing late checks and start having bills paid automatically out of my bank account.

This is why smart women are important for people like me. My wife has gotten me to come around to having bills coming out first, then I have what's left. Makes a lot more sense.

I used to pay everything late. Been clean for years now. Feels better.

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i pay them when i get the shutoff or on the day of shut off. thats how i roll.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

f) I have people who handle that stuff for me

i am hopeless with money

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    The mortgage always gets paid on time. Other shit gets paid when I get paid.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    my bank, USAA, has an excellent online/automated bill paying system. the only bill that changes from month to month is my water/gas/electric. i get emails from them and basically drag and drop into my bank's billing system. always on time and as simple as can be.

lol at writing checks and stamps and shit.