Gary Gygax died today.

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Creator of Dungeons and Dragons.A sad day for nerds everywhere.Pour some out for the king of roll play (pasue).

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    its "role play" you neophyte. dont make me waste my +5 battle ax on your stupidity.

a tip of my chalice to the god.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    its "role play" you neophyte. dont make me waste my +5 battle ax on your stupidity.

a tip of my chalice to the god.

nah dog. "role play" is what I do with young phonics' girl.

"roll play" is games where you "roll" dice to determine nerdy outcomes.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    My coworker told me this a little while ago.

I was never a hardcore head, but I had some good times playing D&D with my cousin and brother back in the day.

Props and RIP.

sweet. is there a blue bunny suit involved?

i played this shit for the first time around when lord of the rings movie came out. this game is royally stupid unless youre drunk and with true nerds of the game. then its kinda fun. anyways, i wanted to be a gelatinous cube but the rules and the dungeonmaster wouldnt allow that. fuck that shit!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    sweet. is there a blue bunny suit involved?

i played this shit for the first time around when lord of the rings movie came out. this game is royally stupid unless youre drunk and with true nerds of the game. then its kinda fun. anyways, i wanted to be a gelatinous cube but the rules and the dungeonmaster wouldnt allow that. fuck that shit!

dungeonmasters forever trying to control us.

dungeonmasters are such pompous pricks. this is the worst role for a nerd cuz they get all jesus on that shit and take out all their nerd frustration on us pitily campaigners.

i think when dudes got killed playing this shit, i bet 9 times out of 10 they offed the dungeonmaster.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i wanted to be a gelatinous cube but the rules and the dungeonmaster wouldnt allow that.

You'll always be a gelatinous cube to me

b/w

Take this schitt to the goth poetry thread in Announcements

i wanted to be a gelatinous cube but the rules and the dungeonmaster wouldnt allow that.

You'll always be a gelatinous cube to me

b/w

Take this schitt to the goth poetry thread in Announcements

honey, this thread is about nerds not hemophiliacs

• I never got down much with D&D, but there was a time when a few friends would break that out at a party. My favorite was when some punk kid came to a party, and just said, 'Yo! I got next!'

RIP

• rpmrpm 144 Posts

• "roll play" is games where you "roll" dice to determine nerdy outcomes.

You can't be serious.

It's role-playing game. Even I know that and I've never so much as touched one of those fancy die.