Mr. Dibbs presents "Del the Funky MegaMix"

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.prefixmag.com/news/mr-dibbs-presents-del-funky-megamix-mp3/17544/i gotta say - i haven't bought a del record (or hieroglyphics) since "3rd eye vision"...but i'm kinda feelin this mix! (except when el-p shows up at the end )

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    thanks!

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    thanks!

dope does anyone have any live del,.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i have no live del.
    i saw del live and wished i hadn't.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

dope does anyone have any live del,.

the comma and the period are a cool combo. It's like there is a possibility and hope for more to come, but at the same time it's defined and finished.

I saw Del live in 1995 along with Souls Of Mischief at the Cactus Club in San Jose. They had wired mics and Souls kept crossing them and getting tangled. I don't think Del was too bad, but it wasn't the most memorable show ever.

• i have no live del.

I have seen him maybe three times and he was sick every time.

I did see him with Deltron 3030 w/ a full band, Dan the Automator and Kid Koala and he murdered it. Awesome show...fall of 2000.

edit: by sick I mean Del had the flu or something. He was not good (except the deltron show)

• lelandleland 43 Posts
    Yo! The Del mix you need to check is by Del's DJ, Zac Hendrix. Its the length of an entire cd with some pretty impressive blends and maneuvers, including some stuff not featured anywhere else. Zac is a stellar DJ, talented producer, and a good friend. Check him out at: myspace.com/zachendrix

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    i have no live del.

I have seen him maybe three times and he was sick every time.

I did see him with Deltron 3030 w/ a full band, Dan the Automator and Kid Koala and he murdered it. Awesome show...fall of 2000.

oof i saw that show in ny. i thought it was horrible - except for the kid koala solo bit. kid koala is a great show.

• really? It was a while ago and I was a mere 19 years old then, but I remember really liking it. I remember the band was a little rusty but I also remember it not mattering.

did you like the record?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i think i have a deltron show in mp3 if anyone is interested.