Further Hillary Desperation (WTFR)

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
She was also asked to discuss a statement she made on the CBS News program ???60 Minutes??? Sunday night, when asked whether she believed Mr. Obama was a Muslim. (Mr. Obama is a member of a Christian church in Chicago.)???There???s nothing to base that on, as far as I know??? Mrs. Clinton said on the program.
From the NYT

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    She was also asked to discuss a statement she made on the CBS News program ???60 Minutes??? Sunday night, when asked whether she believed Mr. Obama was a Muslim. (Mr. Obama is a member of a Christian church in Chicago.)

???There???s nothing to base that on, as far as I know??? Mrs. Clinton said on the program.

she's a lawyer, thats how lawyers talk.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    She was also asked to discuss a statement she made on the CBS News program ???60 Minutes??? Sunday night, when asked whether she believed Mr. Obama was a Muslim. (Mr. Obama is a member of a Christian church in Chicago.)

???There???s nothing to base that on, as far as I know??? Mrs. Clinton said on the program.

thats how lawyers talk.

As far as you know.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I've had a good gut feeling about Obama's chances for a while now, and since Edwards dropped out, I've largely been proven right. But I'm having mixed feelings about tomorrow. I feel like her campaign has successfully avoided being pronounced dead by cowing the media into buying into her smiley facade. Between some well played media appearances and the ever-present chorus of establishment Dem's trashing Obama on national security, she could squeak it out tomorrow.

Am I being paranoid, or is this thing over?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    How about the "sample voters" they had on, who were like
    "I ain't voting for no muslim, like Obama" ... and they were
    like, "actually, he's not a muslim, that was just a rumor, he's
    a christian" and the guy was like "uh, yeah, so says you"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The longer the negative campaign ads go on, the more damage it will do to whichever Dem gets the nod.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

"I ain't voting for no muslim, like Obama" ... and they were
    like, "actually, he's not a muslim, that was just a rumor, he's
    a christian" and the guy was like "uh, yeah, so says you"

Just like thanksgiving with my brother in law. Another hillbilly nightmare forever etched in my Frickin' brain.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    i heard the clip and it didn't sound like much
    of course, Iowa for Hillary was caught sending Muslim emails
    (strange they can't even get away with spamming)

yes it's over for Hillary. short of 20 pts wins in TX and OH or 10-15 pt wins in every remaining state, she is mathematically eliminated.

its not over until Hil says its over. she has a cadre of the country's finest attorneys (KVH are you on board) ready to sue at a moments notice. Election irregularities in OHIO - can you say 2004; Diebold? FLORIDA do-over, its in the works.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Dallas Morning News gets hold of Clinton caucus "training materials," in which supporters are instructed to fight for procedural control of caucuses.

The materials say in part, "DO NOT allow the supporter of another candidate to serve in leadership roles."[/b]

It goes on to say, "If our supporters are outnumbered, ask the Temporary Chair if one of our supporters can serve as the Secretary, in the interest of fairness.

"The control of the sign-in sheets and the announcement of the delegates allotted to each candidate are the critical functions of the Chair and Secretary. This is why it is so important that Hillary supporters hold these positions."[/b]

Some of the moments on the ground in Nevada showed how crucial technical control can be, particularly when -- there, as expected in Texas -- nobody has any idea what the rules are. Really makes you love the caucus process.

This shit disgusts me. The sign-in sheets are the only record of your choice of nominee in our hybrid caucus/primary system.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    its not over until Hil says its over. she has a cadre of the country's finest attorneys (KVH are you on board) ready to sue at a moments notice. Election irregularities in OHIO - can you say 2004; Diebold? FLORIDA do-over, its in the works.

McCain must be laughing his ass off.

More BS from Clinton in Texas:

AUSTIN ??? The Texas Democratic Party warned Thursday that election night caucuses scheduled for Tuesday could be delayed or disrupted after aides to Hillary Rodham Clinton threatened to sue over the party's complicated delegate selection process....

remnants of 2004...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

you guys sound bored

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    a Hillary lawsuit netting her 1-200 delegates (without causing a superdelegate backlash) is even less likely than the chance of her winning the rest of the states (by 10-15)

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    After tomorrow, even if she wins one of the big states, there will be unbelievable pressure on her from top party officials to drop out. She will fold like a card table when she realizes that she might fuck up the democrats money.

After tomorrow, even if she wins one of the big states, there will be unbelievable pressure on her from top party officials to drop out. She will fold like a card table when she realizes that she might fuck up the democrats money.

no way wu. shes drinking the last bitter dregs on this one.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    In other news, Paul Krugman points finger at Obama for dividing Democratic Party

What's next, an opinion piece called "Barack is a Poopy Head"? This guy has one hell of a chip on his shoulder.

In other news, Paul Krugman points finger at Obama for dividing Democratic Party

What's next, an opinion piece called "Barack is a Poopy Head"? This guy has one hell of a chip on his shoulder.

i was reading that piece this morning, and meant to put it with the rest of my Krugman shocked by the negative emails he receives from Obama supporters thread.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

no way wu. shes drinking the last bitter dregs on this one.

She's playing for the Obama fucks up before Penn and the super delegate vote swings her way hail mary then? Harry Reid will not stand for this.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

i was reading that piece this morning, and meant to put it with the rest of my Krugman shocked by the negative emails he receives from Obama supporters thread.
    Krugman's really been showing his ass regarding the dem nomination. I've been pretty disappointed in him as a columnist, as he's usually pretty good at communicating political issues to readers through an economists perspective. How he continues to rant with so much anger directed at those outside the Clinton camp I don't understand, considering Obama and Clinton are not that different at the policy level, which he admits.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    In this case, the question is far more insulting than the answer.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

the guy has on op-ed column twice a week and is basically the lone supporter of hillary out of all the op-ed columnists....on all days. about once every 2 weeks or so, he writes a pro hillary column. and we are talking about the nyt - a paper that supported her in a state where she is senator and has overwhelming good will.

again -- you guys sound bored. how about some pro obama threads. i'm down with that. could it be that there is more to krugman's article than folks are willing to admit?

• krugman hasnt changed in the least. What has changed is that he is attacking a dem so now some of you are actually examining his claims rather than simply nodding along like a bearded 38 year old at a radiohead concert.