Back from Bombay - price czech anyone?

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I've never really been into the Bollywood stuff myself but two weeks ago got to spend a few hours in Bombay and almost stepped over these records here. Why not pick them up, I thought. I did a little research on popsike afterwards and the only one I could find up there was the most unfunky one of the bunch, strange enough, that one went for quite a bit of money... maybe this is mostly a collectros' market for people who really are into these movies?There are a few more or less funky tracks on about ten of these, maybe I'll upload an mp3 later...Anyway, maybe some heads up here can school me a bit on what I got here:

Comments

• roneazyroneazy 111 Posts
    Anyway, maybe some heads up here can school me a bit on what I got here:

Disco Sensation will earn you a few bucks, for sure...

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Curious how Indian record conditions compare to African conditions ? I just bought some records from someone who lived in Singapore for a long time and you can see where the heat and humidity got to some of them (especially ones with plastic inner sleeves).

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Curious how Indian record conditions compare to African conditions ? I just bought some records from someone who lived in Singapore for a long time and you can see where the heat and humidity got to some of them (especially ones with plastic inner sleeves).

okay, I kinda planned on revealing this later but:
    "Bombay" was actually the name of an indian record/video store in Kumasi, central Ghana. There is a small Indian community in this city. There were tons of more Indian records in there. Maybe I'll get back next month.

As far as condition goes... this picture was taken inside the Bombay store:

This was on the side of the road on the other side of Kumasi:

No, seriously, the Indian records that I found are all in prety nice condition ranging from totally clean playing with little surface scuffs to playing with minor noise, especially the early 70s stuff seems to have been played a bit.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Is that an original rodent or reissue?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

I did the smell test and it's most def OG!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Looks like the work of a certain Strutter.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

I did the smell test and it's most def OG!
    You sure? I can vaguely recall the original having a tiny jacket on.