Madrid? pop or flop?

SyminSymin 999 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
anything good in madrid. i just got in this morning and no nothing about the city. anyone have any tips on food, lodging, fun, records etc. please to drop knowledge if you got it.

Comments

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    try find the underground record store with the rifle logo, its not easy
    but worth it

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    any hints or clues as to what part of town its in? ive pretty much been doing some roaming but the city is pretty big.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    its off the gran via as far as i can remember, metro callao.. now this may not be correct but i THINK if you walk down from the south exit of metro callao and take the right hand leg of the split in the road you'll pass some restaurants and one of them has a giant lobster outside it, just as you enter the square at the bottom there is an underground carpark foot entrance the stores are down there.

if this is correct my memory is a lot better then i thought

• I was in Madrid in November and thought it was a nice city and all, but just not my cup of tea. I stayed at a Hostel in Sol, which I believe is the more touristy part of town.

If you like pork, go to El Museo Del Jamon. Good stuff.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I was in Madrid in November and thought it was a nice city and all, but just not my cup of tea. I stayed at a Hostel in Sol, which I believe is the more touristy part of town.

If you like pork, go to El Museo Del Jamon. Good stuff.

i already got beef with museo de jamon. it was the first spot i went to eat and got a sandwich at plaza mayor and they didnt let me sit at their tables and i couldnt understand why. there was one other party out there and they booted me eventhough i had purchased their food. i cram to understand. does anybody know how this works? what do you have to do to get a seat? and what else is good food wise?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    i have some contacts there. PM sent.