Hiring a maid?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I'm a lazy fucker when it comes to house cleaning and think it's time to go the maid route. I know some of them can be shady motherfuckers. Any SF heads got some recommendations? Maid services are expensive and letting some random person into my house without recommendations doesn't sit well with me.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    dude, just get married. Maid + free sex.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I get enough shit from my girl over this already.

• beatlustbeatlust 142 Posts
    look in the services available in the classifieds or the yellowpages. ask for references. if you have weed/valuables/personal privacy issues make sure its someone you can trust, or just have them come around when you are at home until you have a professional relationship that doesnt make you too sketchy..
    i had someone come during the early week and then on friday so the house is nice for the weekend and when they come twice a week they can really keep up and do extra things if time allows. once a week isnt so good because then you still end up cleaning too much in between or if they cancel one week things can get outta hand. too bad my lady got a 'real' job and had to quit..

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

you're dreaming. 1. Girls are Frickin' slobs; 2. As with any monopoly, the sex will be prohibitively over priced.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

You obviously:

1. Are not married
    2. Are in for a mighty big shock if you ever do get married

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    A Man Needs a Maid

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    A Man Needs a Maid

A while ago somewhere
    I don't know when
    I was watching
    a movie with a friend
    I fell in love with the actress
    She was playing a part
    that I could understand

A maid
    A man needs a maid
    A maid

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    My girlfriend and room-mate kept pushing for a maid to come in. I just clean the house when they are not home and tell them the maid came and charge them money. It works for me because I clean the house anyway. I have issues with letting other people pick up after me. I only work 35 hours a week. I feel lazy and arrogant when a maid comes in. But that's just my own grown-man pride.

I have issues with letting other people pick up after me. I only work 35 hours a week. I feel lazy and arrogant when a maid comes in. But that's just my own grown-man pride.

No doubt.

The only reason the idea has crossed my mind was for my wood floors. I hatt to deal w/ it and the neglect shows.

Ill do my own laundry,keep the kitchen spiffy,etc,but the other things tend to slide like washing the windows and shit.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Get a maid for the cleaning, and do the tidying up yourself. Otherwise they spend the whole time picking your stuff up off the floor and putting away it in places you never even knew existed. And the place is still dirty. Just tidier.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I have issues with letting other people pick up after me. I only work 35 hours a week. I feel lazy and arrogant when a maid comes in. But that's just my own grown-man pride.

No doubt.

The only reason the idea has crossed my mind was for my wood floors. I hatt to deal w/ it and the neglect shows.

Ill do my own laundry,keep the kitchen spiffy,etc,but the other things tend to slide like washing the windows and shit.

I don't disagree with it in practice, only personally. If I worked a 60+ hour week, I'd have someone in here cleaning twice a week. I do have someone come and do the windows. It's so worth it. Especially since my house is mostly on a second story and has a pretty nice view. I still do the insides of the windows myself.

I'm never quite sure what to make of the maid issue. I have enough money to hire one. I guess I'd rather do it myself and use the money to buy extra records, go out to a really nice dinner, or get guacamole on all my burritos.

I'm a man and I clean my house. That's ok.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

You obviously:

1. Are not married

I'm totally married and living the dream. Y'all married dudes not making your wife your maid + free sex are doing something wrong.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

You obviously:

1. Are not married

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I'm totally married and living the dream. Y'all married dudes not making your wife your maid + free sex are doing something wrong.

I'm sure your wife is thrilled by your depiction of your marriage.

• dude, just get married. Maid + free sex.

you're dreaming. 1. Girls are Frickin' slobs; 2. As with any monopoly, the sex will be prohibitively over priced.

speaking from my privates, girls may tend to be slobs but even the average woman has a better idea on how to clean and cook for man. please to make sure that she is down with being your maid + free sex. pointer: if you can give quality "services", she will likely be the one asking you for "free chocolates" even if she doesn't like sweets. women these days also have these things called "careers" and "shopping sprees" so don't assume that they want to hear you propose to them with the same desire of being your loyal maid and offering free treats. that's a dream of the past and there are different types of females walking about on this planet.

i don't know but these may just be sounds of words by counterpoint,
    but these are the things that emulate from my 45 box.

you should probably find out how to directly buy a maid and/or free sex on your own or google than to haste yourself into a serious thing like marriage. unless it's not a serious thing to you in the first place and you can afford both marriage and divorce with your savings. in which case, that's an easy disposable wedding.

Arcadian:

Before I moved in with my then-girlfriend/now-wife, me and my housemate for textbook slobtastic and hired, on several occasions, cleaning services to come through.

Based on experience, my suggestions are 1) avoid big, corporate cleaning services like Merry Maids. If you've ever read "Nickel and Dimed," Ehrenreich goes undercover as a Merry Maid and writes about how they teach people to clean cosmetically but not actually clean...in fact, as a way to cut costs, some maids are trained to use the same rags in both the bathroom and kitchen, thus spreading - rather than eliminating - germs. Shit is trifling.

I'd go with an independent cleaning service - though one that is BONDED (that is essential) - and one that charges by the hour vs. by the project. The latter has every incentive to get through the house quickly so they can move onto the next job and again, that's not what you want.

Most importantly, whatever price they quote you, you should absolutely be prepared to tip 10-20% on top of that, depending on the thoroughness of the job...but especially for cleaners working for someone else who basically farms out the work, they have to give up a lot of their fee up the chain vs. your gratuity is what they can take home.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

She's probably placated by all that 'free sex' she's getting.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    For those of the non-motivational variety, get it done free:

house maid here - m4mw - 35
    Reply to: [email]pers-587587275@craigslist.org[/email]
    Date: 2008-02-26, 11:01AM PST

loves humiliation, spankings, bondage, playing with toys, loves wearing stockings, garters, heels, panties, bra. will clean hour house naked, in panties or anything else you want me to wear.

I WILL CLEAN YOUR HOUSE - m4ww
    Reply to: [email]pers-590065023@craigslist.org[/email]
    Date: 2008-02-28, 11:35AM PST

NAKED, IN PINK PANTIES, STOCKINGS, OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT ME TO WEAR. IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY I CLEANED YOUR HOUSE, YOU CAN SPANK ME OR GIVE ME ANY KIND OF PUNISHMENT YOU WANT.

For those of the non-motivational variety, get it done free:

loves humiliation, spankings, bondage, playing with toys, loves wearing stockings, garters, heels, panties, bra. will clean hour house naked, in panties or anything else you want me to wear.

NAKED, IN PINK PANTIES, STOCKINGS, OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT ME TO WEAR. IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY I CLEANED YOUR HOUSE, YOU CAN SPANK ME OR GIVE ME ANY KIND OF PUNISHMENT YOU WANT.

I think Arcadian is the wrong sex to benefit from such largesse.

• For those of the non-motivational variety, get it done free:

you sound like you're moving in the right direction...great job!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

rule number 1: never let your wife know that she's your maid + free sex

No doubt.

I don't disagree with it in practice, only personally. If I worked a 60+ hour week, I'd have someone in here cleaning twice a week. I do have someone come and do the windows. It's so worth it. Especially since my house is mostly on a second story and has a pretty nice view. I still do the insides of the windows myself.

I'm never quite sure what to make of the maid issue. I have enough money to hire one. I guess I'd rather do it myself and use the money to buy extra records, go out to a really nice dinner, or get guacamole on all my burritos.

I'm a man and I clean my house. That's ok.

• I'm totally married and living the dream. Y'all married dudes not making your wife your maid + free sex are doing something wrong.

rule number 1: never let your wife know that she's your maid + free sex

i don't know you but what you said here, is very wise.

• 2. As with any monopoly, the sex will be prohibitively over priced.

overpriced by "good sex" for some
    money ain't the only thing women want, lolz!