SNL last and this week

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Yo where can I get a download of last week's season premiere of SNL? I've checked my online sources can't get it. I need to see the Rock of Love skit.BTW Hillary will be making a visit on the show tonight.

Comments

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    i was actually wondering the same thing
    i checked nbc.com ... they have clips but the site has so many video adverts and random plugins my browser crashed

i just found a rip on warez-bb that's 699 MB
    that's higher quality than i really need, given the ratio of funny to seth meyers

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Wilco sounds like something from 1985.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Wilco sounds like something from 1985.

I was just thinking that they sound like the kind of band that would have been on SNL in 1976

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=saturday+night+live

I think NBC got people working on keeping their shows off the internet - with youtube at least.

This and last week's episodes were really great.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Damn this show is so awful these days. And yeah I thought the same thing about Wilco, I'm pretty sure a lot of people with otherwise good taste in music really like them (him?). He/they were DREADFUL!

• I thought there were some pretty funny at times, at least in comparison to what I've seen of that show in the recent past. That one skit with the nightmares had me laughing pretty hard.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Damn this show is so awful these days. And yeah I thought the same thing about Wilco, I'm pretty sure a lot of people with otherwise good taste in music really like them (him?). He/they were DREADFUL!

I didn't catch last night's show but last week's show, with Tina Fey, was pretty terrible. The writing was stunningly bad, though there were a few exceptions. The opening skit was painfully long in particular.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

I didn't catch last night's show but last week's show, with Tina Fey, was pretty terrible. The writing was stunningly bad, though there were a few exceptions. The opening skit was painfully long in particular.

Ummmm....looks like you did catch last nights episode.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Why must Amy Poehler make that godawful facial grimace during the news segment? After each news item, she HAS to mug directly into the camera as if to say, "aren't I clever?" The shit ain't THAT funny...

Why must Amy Poehler make that godawful facial grimace during the news segment? After each news item, she HAS to mug directly into the camera as if to say, "aren't I clever?" The shit ain't THAT funny...

Yea, and if the audience doesn't roar they just hold that shot as she begins to grind her teeth in fury over our inability to get her genius humor.

She can be really funny and her banter with Hilary wasn't fun last night.

Last night had Ellen Page. Or are you saying the two weeks were basically identical in their weaknesses.

Yea, and if the audience doesn't roar they just hold that shot as she begins to grind her teeth in fury over our inability to get her genius humor.

At least the earlier newscasters knew enough to keep their game face on. That way, it didn't look as painful when the joke flopped. But Poehler always has this smug grin like she was anointed God's Gift To Comedy or something. I know you gotta do what you gotta do to make those lame-ass scripts work, but damn...

Last night had Ellen Page. Or are you saying the two weeks were basically identical in their weaknesses.

Yea, just being silly. I missed last week and you just descibed last night so I don't think either of us missed much. SNL still has it's moments, but as few episodes as they do a season I really expect them to be full on burners.

• Last week - "What's That Bitch Talking About?" - laugh out loud premise and timing, but alas, the weak SNL payoff.

"Annuale" - you can have your period only once a year, but hold on to your hats! Axe attack, Kirsten Wiig french kissing her dog. Thumbs up.

Videos my wife made - the old guy whose wife made versions of movies with his grandkids inserted to tell him stuff like "that's not your phone ringing grandpa, that's only in the movie".

Carrie Underwood sounded great and looked hot.

Last night - Hillary came off pretty game, it was good for her. But the preceding debate sketch had the same questionable premise as the one last week - and it didn't play.

The digital short with all the waking up from nightmares was expertly edited and hilarious.

For the most part the funniest stuff on SNL these days is the pre-recorded, edited stuff, while the live stuff is usually stale and off the mark.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Try http://www.hulu.com

I think it's still in beta.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    But Poehler always has this smug grin like she was anointed God's Gift To Comedy or something.

Dennis Miller syndrome

• Damn this show is so awful these days. And yeah I thought the same thing about Wilco, I'm pretty sure a lot of people with otherwise good taste in music really like them (him?). He/they were DREADFUL!

I saw some of it earlier this morning. Is it me, or does Ellen Page look and act like a 12 year old boy?

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Keenan Thompson has got to be the worst cast member they've ever had... one-dimensional, plays every character the same, smirks at his own outrageous (fat black man wearing a dress!) behavior... ugh. dropping him from the cast would be a solid piece of quality control.

the rest of the cast is decent this year, they just have terrible writing. which isn't to say that the writers are necessarily terrible... the SNL book had many many writers weighing in saying they turn in edgy, boundary-pushing, bizarre skits every week, and are chagrined every week to see the laziest, thinnest, safest ideas greenlighted.

• Keenan Thompson has got to be the worst cast member they've ever had... one-dimensional, plays every character the same, smirks at his own outrageous (fat black man wearing a dress!) behavior... ugh. dropping him from the cast would be a solid piece of quality control.

the rest of the cast is decent this year, they just have terrible writing. which isn't to say that the writers are necessarily terrible... the SNL book had many many writers weighing in saying they turn in edgy, boundary-pushing, bizarre skits every week, and are chagrined every week to see the laziest, thinnest, safest ideas greenlighted.

couldn't agree more. everytime that dude walks into a scene, it usually goes downhill quick. not sure if they're trying to capture a young demo of people who grew up watching that dude on nickelodeon, but it ain't working.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    do they still show Keenan drinking a pink cocktail in the opening montage?

the SNL book had many many writers weighing in saying they turn in edgy, boundary-pushing, bizarre skits every week, and are chagrined every week to see the laziest, thinnest, safest ideas greenlighted.
    yeah, Larry David was completely ignored. they were essentially rejecting Seinfeld episodes

can't say the same thing is happening now, but you'd think the writers would have had a long time to come up with material

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    For the last 10 years, SNL would have been better served as an hour-long programme.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    For the last 10 years, SNL would have been better served as an hour-long programme.

Human giant New season, March 11th. fuckasnl.

- spidey

• do they still show Keenan drinking a pink cocktail in the opening montage?

the SNL book had many many writers weighing in saying they turn in edgy, boundary-pushing, bizarre skits every week, and are chagrined every week to see the laziest, thinnest, safest ideas greenlighted.
    yeah, Larry David was completely ignored. they were essentially rejecting Seinfeld episodes

can't say the same thing is happening now, but you'd think the writers would have had a long time to come up with material

Read Jay Mohr's book. He was there as a writer/performer the same time as Sarah Silverman. Neither one got much on the air at the time.

What I find striking is that:

30 Rock > SNL

Dwell on that for a moment.

30 Rock > SNL

Shit, I think Frasier reruns >>>> anything SNL has done since fall '85

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

30 Rock > SNL

no question. can't even see a debate over that point.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Wilco sounds like something from 1985.

I was just thinking that they sound like the kind of band that would have been on SNL in 1976

yeah i agree, especially when dude rocked that nearly identical Gram Parson Nudie Suit for the second song.

so i have to ask, does Diablo Cody really talk like how Andy Sandberg did in that impression? If no, is that how the characters talk in Juno? Cause if it is, I am pretty much positive that I would not like that movie.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I don't know.... "Coolio Iglesias" is pretty damn funny.....

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts