advice needed RR 45s

OldschoolspinnaOldschoolspinna 311 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I recently did some work for an older gentleman that owned a juke box biz.He laid about 1500 45s on me, stuff like polkas, doo wop, country, 50s 60s 70s 80s and 90s pop. (with more to come)Theres a bunch of old obscure labels and cornball shit like Eddie Arnold and 50s one hit wonders.After sorting through them and finding some stuff I liked,(a few R n B ,Soul, Jazz tunes) I have no clue what to do with the rest.So I'm looking for ideas on what to do with them other than hittin the dumpster with em.Anyone want 50 copies of Little Drummer Boy?

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i'll take the doo wops!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Thrift store

Around here, 45s get snapped up almost instantly regardless of how good they are (or even what condition they're in)

• i'll take the doo wops!

I'll take the scraps...

• I don't want this to turn into a for sale type ad, but keep this in mind.

We are talking about over 100 lbs of records, and shipping alone would be 150 bucks or more.

Thrift stores in my area (record collector HELL, Wausau, Wisconsin) won't take records any more, even goodwill said no.

Shipping costs are the main reason why I haven't put them on flea bay, plus even if I got 20 cents a record @ 1400 total equaling 240 bucks, who would pay another 150 to have them shipped?

I never thought having so many records to get rid of would be this kind of problem.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    You can leave them in the back of Figaro's Pizza at 2:45am.

Thank you.