Whatcha gonna do on a Saturday night?

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Just got home, listening to the Moments and drinking some Becks. Bouts to eat some pizza. After that it's off to the bowling alley with magic jackson to do some karaoke for his girl's birthday (word to gramp shig). Hopefully they have some Bobby Brown or Ralph Tresvant sensitivity to choose from. Whats happening tonight dudes (and dudettes)?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    FOOOOOOOORRRRRRRTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    FOOOOOOOORRRRRRRTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Plural? Steady on there.

I'm heading to the Rubulad party in BKLN. Goes till breakfast and there all sorts of booze and brownies up in there. All female DJ lineup which means...

sorry, I got nothing.

Hola for loc if you want to check it.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Uh, anybody else? Or is everyone gonna lurk on SS tonight?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm going to bed early.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im gonna go to arons, try to get some wax, mabye make a beat. Hits from the bong, and then chill.

Saturday nights are usually lame in L.A.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    saw the Wailers. played some hackey sack. got my incense on.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Dizzy, Jawn Jew, djanna, and IRON MONKEY were spotted chillin drinking crown royal and eating yummy pig in blankets, home-baked cookies, and shittake spring rolls that tasted yummy.

I also downed Pick up Stix and pizza and heinekin with them and clowned on Marcy this other chick.

I somehow convinced myself to pass up looking at another 1,500 CDs of resaleable stuff. Whatever.

Earlier today Iron Monkey schooled me on hard hitting common tracks on Fleetwood Mac and Sabbath LPs. He also bought my Thin Lizzy Johnny the Fox, Gang of Four, and Bauhaus LPs.

Dizzy professed his love for Trick Daddy, Cee Lo, and Geto Boys. He does not like Texas screw music.

Dizzy spied on the North Koreans.

Hawn Jew has nice feet!!!

Old Korean dudes rocking Too $hort t-shirts and "Bout It Bout It" hats will forever be the bomb.

saying, YOU LITTLE BITCH (CATCHPHRASE OF THE NIGHT)

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I don't like drinking far from home. The drive back can be a bitch. especially when you're sleepy. i need to check myself more. peace.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    mordecai,, amazing avatar.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    Went to this:

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=375420&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Heard Egon, Cut Chemist and Keb Darge spin and was blown away by all of their sets - had never heard any of them spin in person before. Egon played one mind-melting mystery funk/soul track after another, Cut Chemist did the same with a bit of James Brown and funky reggae thrown in. Keb Darge went a bit more 80s and played more jazz/funk and disco and also kept shouting into the mic in his thick Scottish accent 'Dance you cunts', 'don't just stand there lookin' at me, i'm not gonna do anything fancy'. Wicked stuff - and no cover - sometimes LA will not make you pay.

Egon played a great cover of 'the way you do the things you do' (anyone know who that's by?), and Keb seemed to be playing stuff off of 10"ers in between the 45s. (Anybody know what that's all about?) Anyway...thanks to killallhippies for posting that in the Announcements.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Keb Darge went a bit more 80s and played more jazz/funk and disco and also kept shouting into the mic in his thick Scottish accent 'Dance you cunts', 'don't just stand there lookin' at me, i'm not gonna do anything fancy'. Wicked stuff - and no cover - sometimes LA will not make you pay.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Props to the fany foll magic jackson for busting out 'feliz navidad' in july on the karaoke mic. Funny as shit!

• Right now: Listening to some mp3's while waiting for an auction to finish (AuctionWaiter.com)

After that: Will cut the grass outside at my neighboor's home. Then at my place.

After that: Shower

After that: TV while Cooking (around 5 PM)

After that: Packing 3 LP's for tomorrow's shipping.

After that: Dunno yet.

Eventually: Checking eBay & listening to some politic AM radio program (12 AM) while trying to sleep.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

• oxnardcoreoxnardcore 141 Posts
    there were definitely a lot of "heads" just staring at keb at star shoes... hah i spent the whole time there trying to figure out who were possible soulstrut folks there (aside from me and wescoasia)... and seeing cut goin nuts behind keb was worth the annoying (and unusual) waiting in line earlier...

was anyone else here at the brasilintime release party earlier/later that nite?

• Keb seemed to be playing stuff off of 10"ers in between the 45s. (Anybody know what that's all about?)

Acetates.