Finally Friday Finds

2»

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    last two weeks:

another bataan of the list / azymuth-backed brazil niceness / minting up on amalbert / solid moments lp with nice low-budget production

surprisingly good ansel collins lp / fusion smhmusion / never heard of beirut, so picked this up as soon as i heard it / double of dj-staple boxset (holler if you need one)

filling some rockist holes

that ana mazotti is really nice.. real world find? or is it a reissue?

• man, i need a swirl of the first SABBATH lp --- brilliant album.

• Found this at the flea this morning..

Who the hell bought these records when they came out? And did they actually listen to them?

21 tracks of this!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

copped just for the Billy Jean cover. You would think a live recording from 1986 should sound ok, but no, noisy recording not worthy the making of a 320 kpbs mp3 to be played in my ipod tube amplifier

Here's in a 192 kbps version:

• Options
    I just realized that Jane Birkin is produced by Alan Hawkshaw

• it doesn't look like something I'd like.

• Copped a few thangs this weekend!

Minted up on the "Curtis" and "110th street OST"

"Evening in Torpor" is a crazy ass avant garde electoish record that features Natalie Merchant and other students from Fredonia State College!
    12s are Audio Two "many styles"/ "the questions" Promo and Cocoa Brovaz "black trump"

Minted up on Robb Kunkel, Jerem Storch and Neil Young

Leonard Hamilton "mean jeans" funky modern soul from Indianpolis.
    W. Ray Johnson "girl/stretch out your arms" Scarce Indianpolis soul 45.
    Maceo & Kingsmen "funky women/southwick"
    Clarence Paul "operation breadbasket"
    Cleveland Wrecking Co. "superfine from behind lady" *BREAKS* (extra copy)
    Foster Sylvers "misdemeanor" (minted up!)

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    managed to get 2 cool tracks digitized this time (farther down below)

^^ just clutchin impulse

clean 1st presses of the atlantics. bill doggetts always dissapoint me, but i had to
    have that cover! i thougt quiver was hard rock smoke, but its country rock dust.

^^mancini upgrade (i never see this one actually), paul horn usually zzzz, but this one has some cool stuff. jade warriors virtigo swirl!
    bottom + co is from 1976, on Gordy. pretty tight.

^^ that chaino's got some neat stuff, including some odd "orgasmic breathing" tracks. i just noticed it has the same font as the lightning hopkins.
    joel kaye and electric love upgrades.

^^ i didnt know there was that bond vol 2. jonses upgrade. i think this is one of the non-lame james lasts(?).
    2x Latin-esque (both '61, cover #1 and cover #2) both upgrades. all jack davis covers are great, i didnt know he did a Puente.

^^ that Afro Blues Quintet has to be their toughest one, its the first ive seen evar. same goes for the blowfly, an 80s affair that ive never seen.
    Same goes for that shadows of knight, it took just forever to find. its very cool. heres a song:
    Shadows Of Knight - "Shake Revisited '69"

^^this Spyder Turner 45 killed me. enjoy:
    Spyder Turner - "Stand By Me" (with other songs medley'd in)

and now for comedy hour!

^^Gas Pump Girls videodisc say what!

^^WTF related

^^ closeup of the WTF #1...

^^ ...and #2 (in more ways than one!) ...seriously - someone had to draw that mess, and then decide:
    "perfect! print em up!" I want it on a t-shirt now, just the cow and the dog(?).

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

^^this Spyder Turner 45 killed me. enjoy:
    Spyder Turner - "Stand By Me" (with other songs medley'd in)

One of my girlfriend's favorite 45s to play at gigs, she loves it, cool track.