Stoned Spiders

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• can't watch the video at work but this flick makes me think of tempest...

• good lord dude, how big is that spider!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

If I saw that in my apartment, I would probably crap myself. And then move out.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    That spider picture is my greatest fear.

• I've always wondered how one would go about killing these 1 foot long spiders. Stepping on them shits is probably not the way to go.

• god, reminds me of that time in someones basement diggin' for some records. I looked up, that right there was over my head.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

god, reminds me of that time in someones basement diggin' for some records. I looked up, that right there was over my head.

IS THAT SHIT EVEN REAL??!!!?

I fuckin' hate spiders, but that video was laugh out loud.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

god, reminds me of that time in someones basement diggin' for some records. I looked up, that right there was over my head.

IS THAT SHIT EVEN REAL??!!!?

I fuckin' hate spiders, but that video was laugh out loud.

For the love of God, what the heck is THAT?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I've always wondered how one would go about killing these 1 foot long spiders. Stepping on them shits is probably not the way to go.

+

=

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    GOOD LORD, THAT PIC IS HORRIFIC.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    GOOD LORD, THAT PIC IS HORRIFIC.

That shit can't be real, can it?! Still buggin (no pun intended).

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I've always wondered how one would go about killing these 1 foot long spiders. Stepping on them shits is probably not the way to go.

We had black widow spiders on our patio and in our garage a while back. I used spray pesticide but damn it took ages for those fuckers to die, especially the really big ones. I definitely had visions of one of them jumping up and biting my face while it writhed on the ground for five to ten minutes.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You shouldn't kill spiders....they do more good than harm.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    If you discovered that horrific scene in the corner of your infants bedroom, what would you do?

If you discovered that horrific scene in the corner of your infants bedroom, what would you do?

Either torch them using a Bic lighter and some hairspray....

or

Catch them and release them outside my house.

I have had the same Garden Spider at my home for the last 3 years....about the same size as a CD with his legs outstretched......eats all the other little pesky critters like Mosquitos(Which kill more humans than any other living creature)...my daughter had a pet Tarantula when she was about 10.....they won't mess with you unless you seriously fuck with them.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

[rockadelic]I would feed them mosquitos![/rockadelic]

of course, they would polish off the mosquitos and then eat your baby.

[rockadelic]I would feed them mosquitos![/rockadelic]

of course, they would polish off the mosquitos and then eat your baby.

We have a big problem with baby eating spiders down here in Texas.

We have a big problem with baby eating spiders over here in Iraq.

These Spiders run 10 mph, jump three feet and are nocturnal, so only come out at night unless they are in shade - Nice !!! When they bite, you are injected with Novocain so your skin is 'numbed' instantly. You don't even know you've been bitten when you're sleeping, so you wake up with part of your leg or arm missing because it's been gnawing on it all night long.

If you are walking around and you bump something that is casting a shadow over it, and the sun makes contact with it, you better run. It will instantly run for your shadow....and scream the whole time it's chasing you.

PS. The one on the bottom is eating the one on the top. These are Spiders found daily in IRAQ by troops. Imagine waking up and seeing one of these in your tent!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

These Spiders run 10 mph, jump three feet and are nocturnal, so only come out at night unless they are in shade - Nice !!! When they bite, you are injected with Novocain so your skin is 'numbed' instantly. You don't even know you've been bitten when you're sleeping, so you wake up with part of your leg or arm missing because it's been gnawing on it all night long.

If you are walking around and you bump something that is casting a shadow over it, and the sun makes contact with it, you better run. It will instantly run for your shadow....and scream the whole time it's chasing you.

PS. The one on the bottom is eating the one on the top. These are Spiders found daily in IRAQ by troops. Imagine waking up and seeing one of these in your tent!!

Snopes is your friend

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

correction, I thought those were windscorpions but apparantly they're camel spiders...just did some youtubing. YECH!

Yeah, I saw that, but who knows. It's easy for a naturalist to say
    "that's not possible" but maybe these guys really do see things like they
    say. Or maybe they are exaggerating. Either way, I don't want any spiders
    as big as dinner plates or slightly smaller anywhere near me!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    oh ahhaha...they ARE windscorpions, I thought so...those things scare the piss out of me. we have little ones here in New Mexico, they like to hide in laundry piles. fuck them

• whatever you do, don't google image search "camel spider bite". Seriously...