Kurious Demo Sessions EP & Finesse Funky Dope EP

Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Has anybody copped the Kurious The Demo Sessions EP from crate escape or the Lord Finesse Funky Dope Maneuver EP from vinyl addicts?If so, how is the sound quality? Where they both mastered well?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I don't know but even after hearing a lot of arguments I still really dislike their $100 per copy pricing scheme. I dig the music but $100 is just out of control and there is very little stopping them from pressing up more and selling them cheaper.

• I've ordered both, they posted soundclips for people to check out and they sounded good to me, better than the quality of the recent Ed O.G. cd that's just hit the stores. An added bonus is you can be sure that the artists involved will be benefiting directly from these projects.

there is very little stopping them from pressing up more and selling them cheaper.

Apart from the fact that it would put anyone off buying any future releases they put out !

• I feel what your saying on the $100 argument.

I kind of justify it in a weird way. I sell a lot of bullshit for unbelievable prices. With that money I buy these limited joints. So it's kind of like trading that bullshit for records Im feelin a little more. For example I bought a extra copy of DWG002 and DWG003. When I get back to ebaying I can easily sell the Godfather Don joint and the Unique EP for a couple hundred each.......easily paying for the Kurious and Finesse records.

Just like Mao said...if those guys press up more copies, they would turn people off from ever buying from them again.

Cant wait to hear this stuff.

• i passed on the kurious...only really liked one track of the ones they posted.

but the unique EP is ridiculous.
    and the lord finesse hasnt shipped yet, but i thrw down for that too.

the whole pricing scheme makes sense to me. its like a CSA...you pay more to see the project come to pass, to see the artist get some immediate bread with no bullshit strings, to get something with immediate raer factor (if you feel like reselling it)and to support more lost demos and music coming to light.

im sure the dwg intelligentsia could put forth other reasons,
    but i have had no problems whatsoever with their projects and actually really like the whole setup. if you dont want to pay for it, you can definitely get rips of these things down the line...so the music will still be out there. just some people, who feel they can, support as "financial partners"

i cant wait to get the finesse projectin the mail