VinRoc's Recon-Struction mix

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
This is Vinroc's classic mix of mid-nineties rap bangers with signature juggles and scratches. Uploaded with the artist's blessing. I remember copping this tape back in the day, when 1 out 3 DJ's were Filipino and called themselves "turntablists." Good stuff. Here's the link:http://www.shorttext.com/ex4cv0ubAnd here's the accompanying interview: http://smokingsection.rawkus.com/TSS/?p=3244#more-3244

Comments

• kingmost hood classic right cheah.

but yo, unless he okay'd please to take off deejay mix link kthnxbai.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Uploaded with the artist's blessing. [/b]

[color:white]page me [/color]

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Smoking Section says he okay'd, so yeah.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    had this for a while. its a very good mix

• Uploaded with the artist's blessing. [/b]

[color:white]page me [/color]

FTW!

sorry.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    TSS: Can you talk a little bit about how things have changed since serrato?

Vinroc: I would have certain sections like the Jungle Brothers where I didn???t have doubles of ???J Beez Comin??? Through.??? I had just met Shortkut a few months earlier and I had to borrow a copy of his [...] Sometimes I freaked the 4 track but most of the time you need doubles to correctly do juggles and shit you just can???t fake[/b].

p.s. - is there some kind of automatic word changer enabled on the forums? Every time I try to use the proper spelling of ser ato, it get's changed to microwave

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    TSS: Can you talk a little bit about how things have changed since serrato?

Vinroc: I would have certain sections like the Jungle Brothers where I didn???t have doubles of ???J Beez Comin??? Through.??? I had just met Shortkut a few months earlier and I had to borrow a copy of his [...] Sometimes I freaked the 4 track but most of the time you need doubles to correctly do juggles and shit you just can???t fake[/b].

p.s. - is there some kind of automatic word changer enabled on the forums? Every time I try to use the proper spelling of ser ato, it get's changed to microwave

Heh. It used to get changed to DILDO, iirc.

• hell yes, i rebought this mix back in october when i remembered how much i liked it and couldn't find it in my old box of cds. that segue from The Mission to TROY always killed me

• this one and shortkut's deconstructed tape where champions of my collection

• thanks for this...no tape player anymore and I probably wore out this tape anyway!

• This and the recently re-issed Babu "Comprehension" CD are .