GENIUS MUSIC: Timberland, Kanye, The Neptunes!

2»

Comments

• right at the chorus of ghostface's "run"? That's the instrumental to a remix the neptunes did for Alicia Keys. "How come you don't call me".

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Dooooope, glad to see the party went well dudes!! That must of been fun putting together sets for that, so much good shit to choose from.

• Not blow up anybody's spot by 'Ye ain't produce Down and Out. Even though it sounds like 'Ye's style it's another cat. Dope beat nonetheless.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/10811

3. Ye confesses to beat biting? Not really. Remember that succulent "Down And Out" track off Cam'ron's Purple Haze album. It turns out that Kanye West didn't produce the song. "This is actually one of my favorite beats that I didn't really do," Ye said over the song's sample. "Brian Alday Miller did this beat. And he was supposed to get co-producing credit and they didn't have his name in the credits and they just had my name and everybody come to me at the party and say, 'oh, I love this beat' and I would say, 'hey thanks.'" "But I'ma stop right now, misusing my producers," he added.

One

• I think the okayplayer reviewer is a bit salty that the said mix's track selection is different that what he would have picked thus I believe the reason for the less than glowing review.

One

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    everybody come to me at the party and say, 'oh, I love this beat' and I would say, 'hey thanks.'"

really, that's all you would say? not "actually this other dude did that"?

not a real classy move.

• Honestly, yeah I was a little confused by his review...the last time I checked a lot of those tracks where albums cuts, 12's flooding the dollar bin , or straight-up flops. And frankly, I'm not sure if Okayplayer is really trying to fuck with E-40 and Twista on a mix-cd.

But yeah a lot of people would have different songs in their versions, but I tried to keep is post 2003-ish and do a mix-tape with no singers.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Where's the Lyn Christopher "A GOOD LOOK" graemlin when you need it?

• My Frisco/BAY AREA STRUTTEURS!

B-Cause & I are doing it again! THIS FRIDAY @ MILK. Soooo much new material has been dropped we figure we should do another one.

• your business model is obsolete. The thing to do right now is give music free and ask for donations if dudes is feeling.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    My Frisco/BAY AREA STRUTTEURS!

B-Cause & I are doing it again! THIS FRIDAY @ MILK. Soooo much new material has been dropped we figure we should do another one.

i will be there!