I MADE A SP1200 TAPE..

2»

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Sorry to repeat the same sentiment, but yeah this is some really good shit. I've been listening to it pretty much all week, I just haven't posted about it yet.

But I have to ask, was all of this really done on an sp? Some of those frequencies seem like their out of the unit's range. Don't mean to tet your gangster, but just had to ask. Beautiful shit regardless, though.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    Sorry to repeat the same sentiment, but yeah this is some really good shit. I've been listening to it pretty much all week, I just haven't posted about it yet.

But I have to ask, was all of this really done on an sp? Some of those frequencies seem like their out of the unit's range. Don't mean to tet your gangster, but just had to ask. Beautiful shit regardless, though.

WORD... everything is made on the SP.. the s950 was actually not used on none of these beats.. i just got it, and ive just been using it on three beats which is not included in the mix... a lot of the drums are layered on the mpc first, so it sounds lot heavyer than a random kick into the sp. but yes... these are all "SINGLE FLOPPY BEATS".. and yes, ive done some live percussion on a couple of them.

if you listen to fore example.. the FIRST track.. the intro thing.. it sounds pretty clean. the reason is: i have one mpc that im pitching stuff up with before i sample into the SP.. and if i pitch a sample up 120 on the mpc, i can pitch it 12 down on the sp1200.. and when you pitch something up 12 or down 12, it sounds LOT cleaner than if you pitch 1-11 or 13-16... and for those who didnt know.. to pitch this much.. you cant use the regular pitch function.. you have to enter the special menu (23) and DK/Unit tune (20)...secret trick, most dudes are sleepyheads, had their SP for years and still dont know.

peace

f.

• This is

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    ... a lot of the drums are layered on the mpc first, so it sounds lot heavyer than a random kick into the sp. but yes... these are all "SINGLE FLOPPY BEATS".. and yes, ive done some live percussion on a couple of them.
    if you listen to fore example.. the FIRST track.. the intro thing.. it sounds pretty clean. the reason is: i have one mpc that im pitching stuff up with before i sample into the SP.. and if i pitch a sample up 120 on the mpc, i can pitch it 12 down on the sp1200.. and when you pitch something up 12 or down 12, it sounds LOT cleaner than if you pitch 1-11 or 13-16... and for those who didnt know.. to pitch this much.. you cant use the regular pitch function.. you have to enter the special menu (23) and DK/Unit tune (20)...secret trick, most dudes are sleepyheads, had their SP for years and still dont know.
    I thought your name sounded famliar, i guess it's from the MPC forums...nice beats by the way...
    concerning the layering though,you mean frequency layering or something like an 808? Just had to ask that cuz some of those kits are real and hard hitting....
    I mainly use an MPC 3000 so I usually go through the simultaneous trigger option if that's what your talkin' about...

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    ... a lot of the drums are layered on the mpc first, so it sounds lot heavyer than a random kick into the sp. but yes... these are all "SINGLE FLOPPY BEATS".. and yes, ive done some live percussion on a couple of them.
    I thought your name sounded famliar, i guess it's from the MPC forums...nice beats by the way...

concerning the layering though,you mean frequency layering or something like an 808? Just had to ask that cuz some of those kits are real and hard hitting....
    I mainly use an MPC 3000 so I usually go through the simultaneous trigger option if that's what your talkin' about...

yes thats what im talkin about,.. simultaneous triggerin.
    and no 808! i sample all my drums from vinyl.

peace,

f.

• Good stuff mate.
    I like this raw shit. Fuck a ringtone beat. Gimme them SP beats anyday.
    Congrats.