Record Nightmares 101

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Ho Le Shit!!!!!!! My cat just drug a huge rat through the window. I was on the couch and saw her come in with it. I jumped up in suprise and she dropped it. And of course it went right behind my records. She had just grabbed it by the neck so it didn't seem to be hurt and didn't want to get caught again!!!!!I have record shelves and stackes of crates and that little bastard was behind there good. If it wasn't for the floor moulding the shelves would be flush, but of course there is just enough room for a rat. I think it's actually just a big mouse, but damm is it big.So I spent about half an hour pulling things apart as it ran back and forth behind the shelves. As I pulled the records out I could see it was quite scared and pissing and shitting all over.Long story longer just as I got it trapped it went straight up the shelves and out the fucking window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now I have to wake up and clean rat shit and put my shelves back together.I thought the time I found a little mold was the worst record story I had.Anyone else have any major shit like that? Once durring an earthquake I had to hold my shelves up so they didn't fall. Pretty stupid, but I was by a doorway. In case it got bad I would have let the shelves go and got in the other room.

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Ho Le Shit!!!!!!! My cat just drug a huge rat through the window. I was on the couch and saw her come in with it. I jumped up in suprise and she dropped it. And of course it went right behind my records. She had just grabbed it by the neck so it didn't seem to be hurt and didn't want to get caught again!!!!!

I have record shelves and stackes of crates and that little bastard was behind there good. If it wasn't for the floor moulding the shelves would be flush, but of course there is just enough room for a rat. I think it's actually just a big mouse, but damm is it big.

So I spent about half an hour pulling things apart as it ran back and forth behind the shelves. As I pulled the records out I could see it was quite scared and pissing and shitting all over.

Long story longer just as I got it trapped it went straight up the shelves and out the fucking window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to wake up and clean rat shit and put my shelves back together.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Ho Le Shit!!!!!!! My cat just drug a huge rat through the window. I was on the couch and saw her come in with it. I jumped up in suprise and she dropped it. And of course it went right behind my records. She had just grabbed it by the neck so it didn't seem to be hurt and didn't want to get caught again!!!!!

I have record shelves and stackes of crates and that little bastard was behind there good. If it wasn't for the floor moulding the shelves would be flush, but of course there is just enough room for a rat. I think it's actually just a big mouse, but damm is it big.

So I spent about half an hour pulling things apart as it ran back and forth behind the shelves. As I pulled the records out I could see it was quite scared and pissing and shitting all over.

Long story longer just as I got it trapped it went straight up the shelves and out the fucking window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to wake up and clean rat shit and put my shelves back together.

Dag nabbit, coulda had you a snack

and whats with all you people and cats

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

and whats with all you people and cats

Mine will be on e-bay tomorrow.

" 10 year old rare cat. Great hunter. Answers to the name of

'what the fuck...no no....well you brought the damb thing in here help me catch it......(cat proceeds to like own ass)....you fucking suck' "

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    'what the fuck...no no....well you brought the damb thing in here help me catch it......(cat proceeds to like own ass)....you fucking suck' "

MICETEA

I always forget until I see you write "damb" and then I know... it's you.

BTW, I like my ass, too.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    man that was a funny ass story

• I got kinda similar nightmare.

I had to DJ on the night that I moved to another flat so my records were still in crates in the hallway of the new place I'd just moved into. My flatmates little sister (14-15yo) was visiting but had suddenly come down with a case of food poisoning, but I didn't know this yet. So, I had rushed back from my regular job to get my records together for that night's gig. As I'm filing through my records, I'm hit a by a pretty unique stench. Looking down the side of the crates I notice what can only be described as a "splattering of vomit"... suffice to say, it's amazing to see what the acids in puke can do to a laminated record sleeve.