DJ Specific slang terms?

2»

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Pull the parachute - when the mix starts to go offbeat and the DJ just does a backspin or echo scratch out of the last record

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Pull the parachute - when the mix starts to go offbeat and the DJ just does a backspin or echo scratch out of the last record

Ha! Some friends and I have taken to calling an effects box "the bailout" as in if you've gotten yourself into a corner and don't know how to get out with any sort of smooth mix, you can just use the effects box to bail out by echoing out the song currently playing, then dropping the next song on the one.

See also: Eject button

• Dick Beaters - (adj.)

Actually, that would be a fucking noun.

Ouch.

Rejects the typo with fucking authority, too.

Thanks for the bump of Touretts.

fuck
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Dick Beaters - (adj.)

Actually, that would be a fucking noun.

Ouch.

Rejects the typo with fucking authority, too.

Thanks for the bump of Touretts.

fuck
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck...

I see you've learned your lesson well.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Cussers - dude's "in the clurb" who feel the need to say fucki[/b]ng and other vulgar words. I keep some
    Heavy D in my bag just for these dudes. Then I hit em with "radio edits only dawg, a child might
    walk by the club I ain't having that on my conscience."

Cheese cloths - dude's with improper gear who don't make it past the front door. No sneakers dawg.

Dildo juicers - chicks who spill drinks near your microwave box

Bathroom Bob - the dude who offers to "get on" and "dj" if you "need" to "take" a "bath room" "break."

Bathroom Becky - chick who makes a request and when you say no takes a dump on your records. This one is only funny in retrospect.

Kraftwerk Quickie - When the DJ puts on Trans Europe Express and proceeds to get brain in the bathroom.

then what about the Fela Kuti spliff special?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Bathroom Bob - the dude who offers to "get on" and "dj" if you "need" to "take" a "bath room" "break."
    Damn! I thought that had only happened to me.
    What would you call one of those people with a short attention span asking you to play an artist that you just played or even worse that's playing at that specific moment???

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Damn! I thought that had only happened to me.

What would you call one of those people with a short attention span asking you to play an artist that you just played or even worse that's playing at that specific moment???

retarded?