Academy Awards wrap-up

124»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like Garner's looks - angular, kinda androgynous, nice mouth and eyes. She and Hilary Swank are cut from the same cloth for looks, but Hilary doesn't wear it as well imo.
    How the hell does this doughboy Affleck hook up with lookers lke J-Lo and Garner anyway??

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    J Garner looked stunning.

I don't see it. to me she has a real severe-looking alien face. and sure we can all go on the internet and find some hot Maxim-style shots of her. but I think in real life ol girl prolly looks sorta bizarre.

There's something manly about her, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

That would be the pilates rippededness.

• There's something manly about her, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

i agree. i thought she looked like josh hartnett on the elektra poster awhile back

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    How the hell does this doughboy Affleck hook up with lookers lke J-Lo and Garner anyway??

• How the hell does this doughboy Affleck hook up with lookers lke J-Lo and Garner anyway??

is that a serious question? (1) he's rich and famous and (2) these chicks don't probably have nearly the high standards for dudes that you imagine they do (after all these girls could be totally lame people in real life).

conversely, there is always the (unlikely) chance that Ben Affleck is a great guy and can pull girls better looking than him on the strength of his charm/personality.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "80th annual Oscars head for record low TV ratings"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    lookers lke J-Lo

I likes J-Lo but she's not killin the field.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

is that a serious question? (1) he's rich and famous and (2) these chicks don't probably have nearly the high standards for dudes that you imagine they do (after all these girls could be totally lame people in real life).

conversely, there is always the (unlikely) chance that Ben Affleck is a great guy and can pull girls better looking than him on the strength of his charm/personality.

Probably just the famous Boston wit. It's a lady killer.

• Anyone wanna bet that we never hear from Diablo Cody ever again?

• ah ha ha, that seems to happen often

i guess she's not ? pregnant herself ?
    the funniest part of her wikipedia entry is
    "Eventually she became disillusioned with stripping and switched to phone sex"

is NCFOM really the best film? it's the only new one i've seen recently and i was hoping that there was something better to see. it was okay but kind of died 2/3 of the way through.

awards show related, i liked Rainn Wilson hosting the Independent Spirit Awards ... here's his opening monologue:
    http://buzzsugar.com/v/1067664

• is NCFOM really the best film? it's the only new one i've seen recently and i was hoping that there was something better to see.

dude there could be LOTS better movies to see; NCFOM just happened to win the Oscar for Best Picture. you'd miss a lot of dope stuff if you relied on those dudes to choose your movies for you.

• is NCFOM really the best film? it's the only new one i've seen recently and i was hoping that there was something better to see.

dude there could be LOTS better movies to see; NCFOM just happened to win the Oscar for Best Picture. you'd miss a lot of dope stuff if you relied on those dudes to choose your movies for you.

Watching the montage of best picture winners over the years definitely had some cringe moments for me, especially as it went into the eighties and nineties. You gotta remember that the Oscars are about promotion not about quality. The movies that win are the ones that make the Hollywood machine happy with itself.

• yeah, i didn't mean to imply i put a lot of stock in the winners
    but No Country had all the headlines today and the lack of comments implied general agreement/apathy

from the montages i notice tom cruise was nominated long ago, must have been for cocktail? risky business?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Anyone wanna bet that we never hear from Diablo Cody ever again?

I wouldn't take that bet. Not remotely. I don't think she's this amazing talent but as a media story, she'll get attention through her next project at the very least.

Her movie made over $100,000,000. 'Nuff said.

• Anyone wanna bet that we never hear from Diablo Cody ever again?

I wouldn't take that bet. Not remotely. I don't think she's this amazing talent but as a media story, she'll get attention through her next project at the very least.

Her movie made over $100,000,000. 'Nuff said.

yeah she'll get at least a 2nd shot. she isn't particualrly good, but that has never been a reason for studios not to throw money at someone. the Blair Witch Project she ain't. I mean, she won an Oscar.

just in case she doesn't work again though, if I were her I'd buy gold.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Having seen and read stuff about Affleck over the years, much as it honestly pains me to admit it, he does seem like quite an amusing, likeable, guy in real life. Obviously it is one of life's mysteries why absolutely zilch of that charisma ever translates on to the screen.

Oh yeah, it should be the Strut's homework this week to watch They Shoot Horses. Utterly depressing yes, but also a fantastic movie.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I almost forgot to add this.

Was anyone else creeped out by Miley Cyrus' sexy husky voice? She's like 15, right?

Garner looking fly

Kinda looks like a dude, bro. Sayin'.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    whoa! that's um, strained. too much make-up always ruins a beautiful face.

something about miley cyrus makes me think she would be a rowdy drunk.

whoa! that's um, strained. too much make-up always ruins a beautiful face.

something about miley cyrus makes me think she would be a rowdy drunk.

Hannah Montana stay drunk and rowdy bro.