Options

J-Swift Documentary Preview

edited February 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• Damn - I remember reading about this in Scratch. I hope he manages to make it through and that the movie does it justice. Crazy shit.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yikes. this has been in the works for a while, right?
    sad story.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    I saw this preview a long time ago and have been trying to find a copy. Anyone actually see the movie yet? IMDB has it listed as released in 2007 but the website says coming soon...

• ....looks damn good

• it's sad that it's not a documentary on him making all those great records back in the day. This is a shame to watch. Even worse that the reality tv people preyed upon his weakness and fed into it. Poor guy. I'd like to hear some new stuff and hopefully the documentary has a happy outcome.

The instrumentals to Bizarre Ride are incredible. When you hear the beats without the vocals you end up hearing all the other little samples he put in there.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    yea this has been in the works for a long, long time. it's so hard to watch (because it's depressing) - LA heads will immediately recognize the infamous crack spot that is "hotel" on Bronson and Sunset. There's a scene with him getting high an beating on his chick in that spot, and they didn't even have an exterior shot.......once I saw the interior I just knew it had to be that spot....
    Just so sad, because even though I get shit for it, Bizarre Ride is still my #1 hip hop album of all time. such a bummer.

• it's sad that it's not a documentary on him making all those great records back in the day. This is a shame to watch. Even worse that the reality tv people preyed upon his weakness and fed into it. Poor guy. I'd like to hear some new stuff and hopefully the documentary has a happy outcome.

The instrumentals to Bizarre Ride are incredible. When you hear the beats without the vocals you end up hearing all the other little samples he put in there.

word. I love the beats on that album.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    it's sad that it's not a documentary on him making all those great records back in the day. This is a shame to watch. Even worse that the reality tv people preyed upon his weakness and fed into it. Poor guy. I'd like to hear some new stuff and hopefully the documentary has a happy outcome.

Another Controller 7 new day "sensitivity" post...haha, kidding. No I agree, this documentary reeks of exploitation.