Fuck a CC and Outsourced Customer Service

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I'm sure there was a thread about this already, but I swear credit card companies operate a big ass scam.- You reach your limit at month-end. Which means the finance charge puts you over the limit, which means you have to pay the additional $37 over-limit fee.- If you make a payment over the weekend, we don't post until Monday, so whatever amount customer service/online banking tells you to pay, does not actually reflect the full amount that needs to be paid (because interest accrues over the weekend as well).- You get through the layers of automated service to talk to customer service in India, wherever that can only regurgitate their script or read what appears on their screen.** Does not apply in my case, but "If you can't even pay the minimum, watch that shit snowball into a huge amount! Then you'll be in trouble, sucka! And our reps in India will try to make matters more complicated. Outsourcing labor overseas is cheaper for us AND actually confuses the overwhelmed consumer. This may not make any sense to you, but it makes perfect financial sense to us!"

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

- You reach your limit at month-end.

you sound financially challenged

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

- You reach your limit at month-end.

you sound financially challenged

true. Anyway, fuck a credit card. One and done.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What is this "limit" of which you speak?

What is this "limit" of which you speak?

I'd rather not disclose that information online. You can however send a PM (personal message) to me and meet me at a disclosed location if you are curious.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Don't spend more than you earn, except in situations like emergencies, and pay that thing off every month. Problem solved.

Don't spend more than you earn, except in situations like emergencies, and pay that thing off every month. Problem solved.

I live and I learn, and I blog.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    How the Credit Card Industry Makes You Their Slave
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/credit/view/

• yeah i don't own a credit card, but i know how the whole system works. it's made to put you in debt for life, even if you think you're keeping up with the whole scheme of things.

i have HSBC and the only thing that really pisses me off about their outsourcing is that you'll get transfered to them in the middle of normal work hours! i can understand getting turned over to someone in India at like 1am, but at 1 in the afternoon? c'mon!

i really hate having a bank too, but my work only does direct deposit now. i've gotten the 3rd degree from people about how i wouldn't be able to survive without a bank account, but i've done it for years before so it ain't a thing. people just want instant gratification when it comes to things like shopping online which somehow overshadows any point that i bring up because that's the first thing i get "How are you going to pay for something online?"

honestly i see money orders going the way of rap music here in the next few years as the "world" tries to push people into the electronic funds watching world.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Ever considered not having a credit card?