GLORY GLORY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Oi!I'm still not breathing ... nailbiting extra 30,but the lads held firm! Bless you, yids!TO DARE IS TO DO, BATCHES! GLORY GLORY FOREVER!KEANO IS MY MAN - AUDERE EST FACERE!

Comments

• Congratulations, 2 cups in 9 years is a good look

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Congratulations 2 cups in 9 years is a good look ehhh

Thanks! The next toast is to you, "el sparko!"

THERE'S ONLY ONE KEANO, THERE'S ONLY ONE KEANO ...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    given that i really have no ties to north london, i am actually glad for the win here.

i frequent the Spurs bar in Brooklyn, as its closest to my house. those dudes were already getting hype last night, i am sure its crazy right now.

also.
    fuck Martin Taylor

tell me this wasn't deserving of a red card, and i'll tell you to get your eyes check. granted not with both feet, but sure as shit were his spikes up and no where to the ball.

god speed edurado.

and congrats to the spuds.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    tell me this wasn't deserving of a red card, and i'll tell you to get your eyes check. granted not with both feet, but sure as shit were his spikes up and no where to the ball.

It was deserving of a red card obviously. On the other hand there are dudes claiming Taylor should never be allowed on the pitch again, but these type of fouls get made every weekend, it's just really unfortunate that it went so wrong this time.

Maybe the proper ruling should be that if you come in like this you stay suspended for as long as your opponent is injured, so it's up to the player if they wanna take the risk of going in like that.

That being said,

god speed edurado.

Seing the photos of this foul made me nauseous.

• For real, horrible injury for him to get, i just hope he gets a chance to play again. It's a shame he won't feature in the Euro Championships and i feel bad for him.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

It was deserving of a red card obviously. On the other hand there are dudes claiming Taylor should never be allowed on the pitch again, but these type of fouls get made every weekend, it's just really unfortunate that it went so wrong this time.

Maybe the proper ruling should be that if you come in like this you stay suspended for as long as your opponent is injured, so it's up to the player if they wanna take the risk of going in like that.

That being said,

god speed edurado.

Seing the photos of this foul made me nauseous.

It was one of the worst injuries I've seen in a while and the slow mo replays made my stomach do a slight flip but, having watched the replays I still don't think Taylor went in with malicious intent. It has to be a sending off no matter what but I'm not convinced that he should be punished any further than his standard ban.

Apart from the horrible injury to Eduardo it was a great weekend of football - Keegan's Newcastle getting spanked, Chelsea losing a cup final and Gallas throwing a big whobbly. Also, fuck Wenger and his constant passing of blame, if you can't beat a ten man Birmingham then you really don't have any excuses.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    As a Sarf East London boy I have no affiliations to any of the above, is just good to see someone else win something, especially by beating an 'efficient' (read panache-free) team.

I like to see a vibrant Spurs, it's good for football.
    This Ramos chap has something.

Re: Taylor/Eduardo/Wenger

can't you just imagine the Big Eck teamtalk: put you foot in son, see how quick they can limp etc etc.
    That lad is being treated to soothing words from his previous club connections in the media over the last 36 hours. Perhaps it's true he is not a malicious person.
    But his career is just as blighted as Eduardo's now. Everyone's a loser.

And strange how Wenger didn't comment on the Gallas/Nani kicking incident in a similar fashion.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Oi!

I'm still not breathing ... nailbiting extra 30,
    but the lads held firm! Bless you, yids!

TO DARE IS TO DO, BATCHES! GLORY GLORY FOREVER!

KEANO IS MY MAN - AUDERE EST FACERE!

For the benefit of those few of our American bredren/sistren who've clicked on this thread - especially those of Jewish origin - the epithet "yids" in this context derives from, and was adopted by, Tottenham Hotspur's historically Jewish fanbase, and has since been affectionately adopted by Spurs fans of all racial and religious backgrounds. White Hart Lane is probably the only non-denominational venue in the UK where you will see a black man wearing a yarmulke.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Oi!

For the benefit of those few of our American bredren/sistren who've clicked on this thread - especially those of Jewish origin - the epithet "yids" in this context derives from, and was adopted by, Tottenham Hotspur's historically Jewish fanbase, and has since been affectionately adopted by Spurs fans of all racial and religious backgrounds. White Hart Lane is probably the only non-denominational venue in the UK where you will see a black man wearing a yarmulke.

would have been Sammy Davis Jr's club of choice....

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The Spurs victory was good for English football. About time there was a different name on a cup from the big four, and Spuds got their just reward for playing attacking, entertaining football, as opposed to the Chelsea approach of grind.them.down.
    Berbatov is a class act, but he goes down a little too easy sometimes. Hopefully he'll get that out of his system, and help the Spuds mount a serious challenge next season. How good did King & Woodgate look together? Good understanding from two players who've both been dogged with injuries, if they stay fit, and get up to full match fitness (Woodgate still looks a little rusty), I'd rather those two played for England than Ferdinand & Terry. Ferdinand has the most ability of any English central defender, but King & Woodgate are both very intelligent... something I'd never accuse the current England centre backs of.

Huddlestone looks more promising than Jenas, and Lennon should get picked ahead of SWP as a like-for-like imho. Robbie Keane was great too.

As chuffed as the Yids must be, they are surely thinking 'what if' Ramos had arrived at the start of the season. Top four spot would surely be on the cards, though not at the expense of Arsenal, more likely Liverpool, or Villa(!).

On a sadder note, how the mighty, and how we all secretly new it was coming:

Sort your head out Gazza!

Oi!

Haha I was drunk and delirious at 11:30 AM in South Boston
    when I typed this, ripped the laptop out of my friend's hands
    moments after the final whistle so I could rant on Soul Strut.
    Spent the day roaming the city with my Spurs scarf draped over
    me, wishing just one person would knowthedeal and give props ...
    ... alas, in Boston, MA, USA, EPL fans are limited, and Spurs
    supporters are close to nil. Oh well, I was a one-man party

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Oh well, I was a one-man party

Aaawwwwhhh.

Congrats dude, hope the hangover's not too bad.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Oi!

Looks like this is where you should have been...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Ha!

wasted.

• Oi!

Spurs deserved it, they played a hell of a match. It's tough for an Arsenal supporter to get behind the yids, but when they're playing Chelski it gets a little easier. I'll be in Boston in two weeks, so if you see a dude in an Arsenal scarf at the record spots chances are it'll be me.

LOL poor King was a mess!