5ive for Friday

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
In No Order - Jumper was trashCoco Ice T's wifey is gonna be in PlayboyI heard Anita Baker do a Grown-N-Sexy version of Micheal McDonalds's You Belong To Me.I broke my Batgirl glassI had mad fun making all the trades duriing my NBA LIVE 08 season

Comments

• good:

- free movies cause your friend works at a theater, gonna check out persepolis tonight.

- listening to REM sleep mix now

- getting out of a super long girl-drought and suddenly having multiple options

- delicious steak salad for lunch

- been getting a lot of good laughs in this week

bad:

- stupid gemini ikey thing, I want my money back. it keeps freezing and I'm afraid its gonna wipe my hard drive, I just wanna digitize some records damnit

- not wanting to sell a 200+ dollar record but needing the money

- not getting enough hours at work/needing a second job. if one person was fired/let go it would be perfect for everyone (except of course for one guy), but we are all friends and no one really deserves to get fired.

- really tired of a certain dealer who is either really stiff and high with prices or says "lemme look into that and get back to you next week" and also doesn't understand that if you don't like dealing with ebay, don't have a good camera, and don't know anything about the records to accurately describe them you aren't gonna get top prices. "one week it goes for 60, and I get 15!" ugh.

- still cold out, bring on the spring!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    1. Got through our first afternoon doing the afterschool program at Kealing Middle School yesterday. It was just an orientation, but so far so good.

2. Deejaying a party tonight that should be lots of fun.

3. Been loving my wife's new Honda Accord.

4. My daughter got asked by her aunt if she wanted to spend the night at their house tonight and my little girl after at first saying yes, stood up for herself by telling us and her aunt that she really didn't want to go as her cousin who is a couple of years older than her has been quite mean to her as of late...which is unfortunate but true (we've seen it). I hate not seeing those 2 get along, but I'm glad to see my daughter (accurately) calling em like she sees em.

5. The Texas Longhorns basketball team has already exceeded all of my expectations for this season. Last I checked, they were ranked 7th with winds against each of the #2, #3, and #6 teams ahead of them.

• 1 - if the plant ye wish to flee, go to sector 7 G

2 - joblessness isn't just for philosphy majors anymore, usefull people are starting to feel the pinch.

3 - alright, since you broke grandpa's teeth, he gets to break yours.

4 - my cats breath smells like cat food.

5 - do you want to play john wilkes booth, or do you want to act like a maniac?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    New, positive, female energy in my life--on the real side of things

Procured a long-time LP want that will sit me out of the game for long enough to fully digest it (thanks 'Preme)

Approaching 27 years of life and seeing things finally take shape

Keeping a close eye on the health and well-being of my family members and close friends

Working on various projects with good potential for real world moves

"Mens sana in corpore sano" - Keeping a sound mind in a sound body these days makes for less stress and an increase of purpose, direction, and confidence

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Snowfall

1. fuck snow
    2. fuck snow
    3. snow sucks
    4. snow is a pain in the ass
    5. did i mention i hate snow?

Springtime

1. not working tonight
    2. can use snow as excuse to stay home

• For the first time in ages the wife and I both have the weekend off...YESSSSS!!!!

I will be buying a Beautiful condition Pioneer SA-9100 integrated amplifier from a dude I just met...who happens to be one cool cat as well.

The debt that i have is finally getting paid off, every month is 1 month closer to financial freedom.

Kiwanis is having it's Saturday sale as usual, I plan on shopping.

This Funky Sole Volume 1 mix is making my Friday real damn nice

One bad thing, I can't locate my damn wedding ring. My 15 month old likes to pick things up and hide them....where? I don't know yet, time to tear the house apart.

Have a damn good weekend everybody

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    In No Order -

Caught the Flu bug and haven't been this sick since the 80's.

Laying in bed listening to the radio reminds me of my childhood staying up late with the transistor radio under my pillow.

Seeing all that snow in NY reminds me why I got the hell out.

Looking forward to trip to Austin March 6-8 to the State Basketball Tourney. 16 games in 3 days and will be loving every minute, especially hoping for the chance to see future superstar Willie Warren if his team gets to the Semifinals.

Wife just told me our monthly dog food bill is about $120.00

• HamHam 872 Posts

4. it's a town full of losers and i'm pulling out of here to win

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    1. Sour Brite Crawlers
    2. Lunch break digs (Brian Eno, Evelyn Champaing King, etc)
    3. Jim Rome is burning
    4. NBA season
    5. Friday

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    1. There is a service failure here at work that we can't do anything about right now, but we have to be the ones to explain to customers why their shit ain't working.

2. My new track jacket and matching brown sneakers arrived in the mail today, which means I'll be dipped fresh this weekend

3. Only an hour to go till I'm out this bitch.

4. Had to come up off a lot of loot for textbooks this quarter. NAGL

5. My birthday is Sunday, so I'm whylin out on Saturday and going home to the parents house on Sunday for the ill family birthday dinner.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    feelin it

1. getting paid to play all day
    2. 50 cent taco night
    3. record stores that stay open until midnight (after said taco's)
    4. disc golfing under par
    5. fresh homebrew on tap

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

1. This is Yo Highness. I ain't even gonna fuck with that.

2. He gonna knock Kris Kross out the box cuz he gonna be upside-down!

3. Nah, these jammies are like them autofocus cameras: You just spray. The area.

4. On the real, real three-and-a-half-percent tip, the second letter of the English alphabet is B. Think about it.

5. Yo, we got some hats now, muhfuckas!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    feelin it

2. 50 cent taco night
    5. fresh homebrew on tap

Sounds like you are really taking to the Austin lifestyle. Next thing you know, you're gonna be having some sort of public epiphany in the middle of the drum circle at Eeyore's Birthday Party.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    1. payday
    2. just secured the reup
    3. wreckording tonight
    4. life is calmed
    5. already seen the coco x playboy spread

• 5. already seen the coco x playboy spread

i'd take darlene over her any day and twice on sunday... hell, 4 times on sunday.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

i'd take darlene over her any day and twice on sunday... hell, 4 times on sunday.

agreed.

• 1. My best friend is coming back to town. Missed that guy and it's going to be a crazy homecoming with all the friends and copious amounts of tequila and weed.

2. Slowed down my record buying a bit. Feels refreshing

3. Making art and reading some more instead of watching TV

4. Back in my workout regimine, after a crazy week at Magic in Vegas

5. Magic in Vegas was quite a bit of work but it's always fun

Bonus:

Looking foward to some record listening nights with Jewbacca, and Belson sometime in the near future. It's been too long since I seen my brethren.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Good:

1) Getting rid of a ton of records with no regrets. Once you hear that real schiit there's no turning back.

2) Refocused on school after not caring for almost half a year. Gotta kick it into gear now.

3) Watched a movie in Portuguese without subtitles and understood the whole thing.

4) Putting together plans to spend the entire summer digging across the country.

5) Bills are gettin' paid off.

Bad:

1) Ladyfriend isn't returning the phone calls.

2) No, no records in Santa Cruz.

3) TAXES!

4) FAFSA!

5) Without a car!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    feelin it

2. 50 cent taco night
    5. fresh homebrew on tap

Sounds like you are really taking to the Austin lifestyle. Next thing you know, you're gonna be having some sort of public epiphany in the middle of the drum circle at Eeyore's Birthday Party.

Disc Golf is the new Hacky Sack

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

1.On call for work. Which is a good and bad thing. Not making money vs. alone time.

2.Making a roast with a coffee crust and a damn good sauce!! Best food for the cold weather.

3.Able to stay in cause of the snow, and get to catch up on Six Feet Under. ha

4.I have learned to push stress out of my life. Not completely, but am able to block out the whinners, basically.

5.I am not sick anymore!!!

• Good
    1. Getting back together with my brothers in the band we had in the 80's. Reuniting for my brothers 40th b-day. Practice tomorrow, party next week.
    2. Selling records and hanging on Sunday at Asbury Lanes
    3. Just got Raymond Winnfield 'Things Could Be Better' in the mail today. Serious NOLA funk
    4. Sitting here watching the Backyardigans with my sons
    5. Just ordered some vintage cartoons, Felix the Cat, George of the Jungle, The Inspector (from the Pink Panther), for which I am psyched.

Bad

1. The boys spent most of last night taking turns throwing up. I think I got about an hour and a half of sleep, and then had to go into work
    2. I'm tired as f*ck
    3. Snow...
    4. Shoveling snow....
    5. More snow

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i'd take darlene(15 years ago) over her any day and twice on sunday... hell, 4 times on sunday.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    irie:

1. 6 weeks of no smoking/drinking/snorting/whatever. Feels great!
    2. Tonight I will be smoking/drinking/snorting/whatever. Gonna be great!
    3. Finally went digging/ record shopping again today.
    4. Booked 3 weeks in Italy for September.
    Photobucket