The All-Encompassing March 4th Primary Poast

2»

Comments

• don't know the question, but the clip is probably on youtube by now
    she shook obama's hand, said she was honored to be on stage with him and something like "no matter what, we'll be okay." standing ovation.
    another "human moment" from her, but more selfless than ever before (unlike the crying episodes)
    and perhaps a bit conciliatory given the state of the race

I think the McCain story is pretty weak
    based on innuendo from 2 disgruntled staffers but no provable facts
    questionable decision to print it

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

This is damn near a Barney's ad.

LOVE IT

More style and swagger than any previous candidate in the history of this country. You have to look to France or Afghanistan or some place to find appropriate points of comparison.

JFK's style > all the presidential candidates combined

I knew one of you poptarts would bring that up, and JFK is certainly number two.

But I still say he's over-rated.

Over-rated, please. Barack got style but JFK was style.

Barney's > JCrew meets The Rat Pack

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

LOVE IT

More style and swagger than any previous candidate in the history of this country. You have to look to France or Afghanistan or some place to find appropriate points of comparison.

I knew one of you poptarts would bring that up, and JFK is certainly number two.

^^^^^IRRATIONALLY JOCKS JFK LIKE ALL OLD WHITE PEOPLE

Deposit your election news, views, and boo-hoos here.

I'll start off with some racist funny business out of Texas. Prairie View A&M ain't having it:

Early voting starts today in Texas. In Waller County, a primarily rural county about 60 miles outside Houston, the county made the decision to offer only one early voting location: at the County Courthouse in Hempstead, TX, the county seat.

Prairie View A&M students organized to protest the decision, because they felt it hindered their ability to vote. For background, Prairie View A&M is one of Texas??? historically Black universities. It has a very different demographic feel than the rest of the county. There has been a long history of dispute over what the students feel is disenfranchisement. There was a lot of outrage in 2006, when students felt they were unfairly denied the right to vote when their registrations somehow did not get processed.

According to an article in today???s Houston Chronicle:

Waller County has faced numerous lawsuits involving voting rights in the past 30 years and remains under investigation by the Texas Attorney General???s Office based on complaints by local black leaders. Those allegations, concerning the November 2006 general election, related to voting machine failures, inadequate staffing and long delays for voting results.

The article adds,

???I was angry after registering to vote in the 2006 election only to be turned away at the voting booth,??? said sophomore Dee Dee Williams.

So what are the students doing?

1000 students, along with an additional 1000 friends and supporters, are this morning walking the 7.3 miles between Prairie View and Hempstead in order to vote today. According to the piece I saw on the news (there???s no video up, so I can???t link to it), the students plan to all vote today. There are only 2 machines available at the courthouse for early voting, so they hope to tie them up all day and into the night.

more...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    don't know the question, but the clip is probably on youtube by now
    she shook obama's hand, said she was honored to be on stage with him and something like "no matter what, we'll be okay." standing ovation.
    another "human moment" from her, but more selfless than ever before (unlike the crying episodes)

sounded like a concession to me.

Last ditch effort to save face for the Clinton legacy?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Maybe more like, "I can still do this again next election cycle against someone with less star quality than Obama"

Maybe more like, "I can still do this again next election cycle against someone with less star quality than Obama"

Given that the Clintons seem to age in dog years, she's gonna be 56 years older by the next election.

Por ejemplo,

27?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

LOVE IT

^^^^^IRRATIONALLY JOCKS JFK LIKE ALL OLD WHITE PEOPLE

The lil dudeness of these above comments is stupefying. Comparing Obama to JFK is like comparing Nelly to Biggie. Coming from someone who prides himself on his sartorial connectedness this is just plain sad.

• This is scary as hell.

Police concerned about order to stop weapons screening at Obama rally
    By JACK DOUGLAS Jr.
    Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS -- Security details at Barack Obama's rally Wednesday stopped screening people for weapons at the front gates more than an hour before the Democratic presidential candidate took the stage at Reunion Arena.

The order to put down the metal detectors and stop checking purses and laptop bags came as a surprise to several Dallas police officers who said they believed it was a lapse in security.

Dallas Deputy Police Chief T.W. Lawrence, head of the Police Department's homeland security and special operations divisions, said the order -- apparently made by the U.S. Secret Service -- was meant to speed up the long lines outside and fill the arena's vacant seats before Obama came on.

"Sure," said Lawrence, when asked if he was concerned by the great number of people who had gotten into the building without being checked. But, he added, the turnout of more than 17,000 people seemed to be a "friendly crowd."

The Secret Service did not return a call from the Star-Telegram seeking comment.

Doors opened to the public at 10 a.m., and for the first hour security officers scanned each person who came in and checked their belongings in a process that kept movement of the long lines at a crawl. Then, about 11 a.m., an order came down to allow the people in without being checked.

Several Dallas police officers said it worried them that the arena was packed with people who got in without even a cursory inspection.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because, they said, the order was made by federal officials who were in charge of security at the event.

"How can you not be concerned in this day and age," said one policeman.

• This is damn near a Barney's ad.

LOVE IT

Or Canada ...