ORANGE COUNTY RECORD FAIR?

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I'm going to LA tommorow... who is down? ashrock? guzzo? im gunna hang around to go to fatburger this time...peace.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm going to LA tommorow... who is down? ashrock? guzzo? im gunna hang around to go to fatburger this time...

peace.

whoa really, your back in town?

call a dude up

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm going to LA tommorow... who is down? ashrock? guzzo? im gunna hang around to go to fatburger this time...

peace.

Yo - where you at in LA for the week?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

peace.

I'm there for the month in the Hollywood Hills... holla on the PM

peace.

WTF? You taking over Project Hollywood?

peace.

DJ gigs... droppin' off some records...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

peace.

wanna come over (whoa home-o)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    If you ever find yourself in the valley, let me know. There isn't a whole hell of a lot to do up here besides food spots and some thrifts, however.

peace.

wanna come over (whoa home-o)

NO SLEEPOVER!

SEE YOU IN THE MORNING GENTLEMAN AND RAER LADIES

• Question: are dudes set up and ready to shred when they open for early admission at 7 or should i save 5 bucks and some sleep to go at 10? either way im finna roll for the first time.

I'm out of town so will miss this.

That said, today's quick hit of the GM:

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Are there even any decent dealers who still do this show? When I stopped going a few years ago it had basically turned into a big room full of dudes like Mr. Program??? asking $30 for Quincy Jones You Got it Bad Girl and assorted dinosaurs with the same boxes of Dion and Fabian records they've been trying to sell for decades.

Question: are dudes set up and ready to shred when they open for early admission at 7 or should i save 5 bucks and some sleep to go at 10? either way im finna roll for the first time.

i went there last time early, it was kinda worth it... a lot of vultures tho... still managed to get a thing or two from the fresh boxes.. nahmean?

b

• thanks sheep. i will go early for the full experience. there is another record fair at the ontario mills mall in the sam ash parking lot tomorrow. but...it is being put on by a record store that recently closed shop. word is the supply is all from the store and its all the junk they couldnt even give away during their final days. since i stay down the street from the mall im gonna check it out but it might not be worth it depending on where you are coming from. anyone thats been to ontario mills can cosign on how surreal it would be to find some hot ish in their parking lots. anyways, it starts at noon if you are interested.

• Question: are dudes set up and ready to shred when they open for early admission at 7 or should i save 5 bucks and some sleep to go at 10? either way im finna roll for the first time.

i went there last time early, it was kinda worth it... a lot of vultures tho... still managed to get a thing or two from the fresh boxes.. nahmean?

b

I came up big at Buena at two tables in particular, I think it was back in November. I was actually going to come down from Berkeley for this show but didn't feel like driving 400 miles each way in the rain.

• I came up big at Buena at two tables in particular, I think it was back in November. I was actually going to come down from Berkeley for this show but didn't feel like driving 400 miles each way in the rain.

So, what did you find?

• I came up big at Buena at two tables in particular, I think it was back in November. I was actually going to come down from Berkeley for this show but didn't feel like driving 400 miles each way in the rain.

So, what did you find?

Bunch of soul and funk 45s, modern soul stuff, a really good gospel record. These two dudes were selling unplayed promo 45s for $1 each and I cleaned up there.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'll be beinging a box of goodies to sell to the peoples pre show

• I'm going to LA tommorow... who is down? ashrock? guzzo? im gunna hang around to go to fatburger this time...

peace.

Ah, it's not looking up for me.... just left my card in an ATM and had to cancel it, so I have bout $20 to show. Car is on the way out and smells like burning after 30+ mins., needs to go to the shop. And a stack of work to do by next week isn't helping, either.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What yall folks find at the Buena show?

• What yall folks find at the Buena show?

Heads who slept in want to know.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I promised Wilbur I would go and I totally forgot to, lol
    whddya all find? I dealt and drove up later in the day for a collection that was bunk

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I promised Wilbur I would go and I totally forgot to, lol
    whddya all find? I dealt and drove up later in the day for a collection that was bunk

Sheep came by at 4;30 in the AM and we began the adventure...

Slangdeded rackords out my car to earn money for the show.

Gripped and flipped various rackords

Rocked the mic on the $3 an LP tip

Hung out with the one Young Einstein. Grabbed some food with him after the show (No popeyes)

rare sighting of bearded Pearson

raers bought
    pictures to come

strutters seen at the show

DJ Sheep
    Fonzie
    Ironfeet
    AP
    Insulin1200
    Bigfeet
    Young Handlebar Einstein
    L_Dula
    IGotThatBeat
    Dabney_Soulman

I've slept 2 hours in the last 48

$3 Josh and John tables fuckery-rock

• Damn, I wish I rolled through just to hang out. I have an LP for rodney and sheep has an LP for me. it's like a really boring music geek love triangle.

Sheep came by at 4;30 in the AM and we began the adventure...

that's how i roll, no sleepover... A***, I ended up going on a mission to 2 peoples houses and then to Little Temple to DJ... en-route to the club (nearly 48 hours no sleep), I got someone to cover for me.... I feel like shit this morning...

that was funny, those dudes on the stage had the heat in that crate man...

Whats up to AP, Insulin1200, Remode and Einstein, etc...

Here are some of the pick ups, just personal stuff I'd been looking for;

Ju-Par Universal Orchestra - Moods & Grooves
    The Whole Darn Family - 7 Minutes of Funk 12"
    Bubblegum Machine - S/T LP
    Kaos - Court Is In Session
    TDS MOB - Scratch Reaction 12"
    Edwin Starr - Free To Be Myself
    Eddie Palmieri - Sing Sing Vol. 2
    Curtis Mayfield - Three The Hard Way OST (no cover)
    Gabor Szabo - Dreams
    Leroy Hutson - II
    Don Randi & Quest - Bermuda Triangle

etc. etc.

p.s. A****w, I'll roll to Long Beach this week... guzzz... we'll come around and harass your modern soul collection this week...

oh... guzzo has ceramic heads and records at his house...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

finds from the show, and a few from the day before

Bottom corner is King Errisson's Self released album circa 1973. Mod Marches is a kids album featuring beatles covers from 1970

That Chi-lites LP had me baffled, never heard anything about it before and thought it really weird that it was on Excello. Anyone know the deal on it? Bettye Crutcher was a another surprise I wasn't aware of this album before. Pretty nice southern soul producer by Mack Rice

Blue and white album is Corona High school stage band LP. Lots of nice breaks and a couple fuzzed out guitar tracks. One of the nicer High school band LP's I've heard in a while

• hollra!