hello day sobbers

counterpointcounterpoint 187 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I gather this is a minority status here? (I see why full time day jobs blow!) Coming from 7 fine nomadic years frolicking in my little couch potato garden. Already this chit not working out! The downside is webernet restrictions. I can't get my e-diggler on but I can get on the strut & dermy because no one at work knows these sites so they can't bann what they don't knows. seriously. I might last 6 months if I'm lucky. maybe your day stories can help me make it through these long days. how many of you have ping pong tables at your work place? turntables? massage chairs? a gym? a sound room? piano room? I'm thinking of getting a UV sunlamp to aid my frozen spirits. february in the shy is much too sad for me. what r u looking (listening) to now? i need something to dream about now

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Not sure I fully understand wtf you are saying, but you seem down.
    I can pick you up by telling you that I am currently listening through a pile of the totality of Mike Oldfield's 45 output starting with the edit from Tubular Bells, including his sister's schitt (which I actually really really like).
    I got them from a local charity shop for all of equivalent $3.
    There's like 30 singles. All mint.
    There's zero heat except for the disco track 'Guilty' which is the antithesis of a jazz legend's 'its the notes you don't play' philosophy. And is wonderful.
    I seriously plan to list them as a lot on ebay and hope there are some raers in there, and create a piranha-fest bidding frenzy of Oldfield die-hards for one Sunday night in Spring.

But to sift through a man's career and listen to the way he had to embrace every lame 'sound' from early 70's through to now is kind of sad.
    The mid 80's yacht rock stuff he made is dire.
    The mid 70's twee stuff is endearing.
    There's very little in the way of breaks or beats.

I hope this has cheered you up friend.

• Dude is lamenting his 9-5 status. At least he can post on here and waxidermy. Won't you give him some clown?

• yap, is muchly up-preciated buddy

• Did we really need more proof that google translator doesn't work?

• Dude is lamenting his 9-5 status. At least he can post on here and waxidermy. Won't you give him some clown?

thank you. plaese to give me batches of clown

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dude is lamenting his 9-5 status. At least he can post on here and waxidermy. Won't you give him some clown?

thank you. plaese to give me batches of clown

still don't know wtf you are talking about!
    But it sounds good!
    9-5 is good also.
    At least it isn't 8-6
    or 6-8 like some Goldman Sachs hotshot

all the money in the world and no time to spend it.

• yeah i'm not trying to make any sense of the situation man. i'm just trying to start a fire cuz i'm bored. you're right though, there are worse situations but i was looking for a few distractions and a laugh track. thanks for the one on one help line though. that's all good, too.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    start a race thread, or start a thread calling out one of these annoying new little dudes (O S T)

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    start a race thread, or start a thread calling out one of these annoying new little dudes (O S T)

Also see:

Amy Winehouse
    Rap is dead
    Absurd conspiracy theories

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Is this that wallace dude?

mornin' soulstrut.

• start a race thread, or start a thread calling out one of these annoying new little dudes (O S T)

Also see:

Amy Winehouse
    Rap is dead
    Absurd conspiracy theories

...or, on the positive side, start the umpteenth Curtis Mayfield tribute thread...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I send shy love to Risa.

I just listened to this:

• nooo. iz risa. i just has cheezburger in my doo doo! i'm not wallace. no.