B-Boy Versions Of "Let The Sun Shine In?"

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I am drawing a blank right now, but haven't there been a few B-Boy friendly remixes of this? I'm pretty sure I even have a couple on vinyl somewhere around here.

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Les De Merle's Aquarius/Let The Sun Shine In (Spectrum, UA) isn't exactly what I'd call "B-Boy Friendly" the whole piece through, but there are some nice breaks and rhythms bookending the specific LTSSI segment. Please check this one out.

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    the only versions we dance to are the julie driscoll one and the 5th dimension one. there is no "remix" per say.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I am drawing a blank right now, but haven't there been a few B-Boy friendly remixes of this? I'm pretty sure I even have a couple on vinyl somewhere around here.

There's a Hair Gone Disco LP from '79. Perhaps that may have something of a b-boyish LTSSI on it

• the only versions we dance to are the julie driscoll one and the 5th dimension one. there is no "remix" per say.

Yeah, I know those 2. I could've sworn there was a recent re-edit (as in past 5-6 years or so) of one of those. It's bugging me.

Speaking of this song, my favorite sampled version of this is that Matt Life or Matt Wisdom track with Kweli. Hot heatery, though it's not at a B-Boy tempo.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    check de James Last Hair.

• Dennis Coffey

• the only versions we dance to are the julie driscoll one and the 5th dimension one. there is no "remix" per say.

Can somebody up the Auger/Driscoll version please?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    ok heres a simple edit i did a little while ago, actually remembered it as being let the sunshine in, but its good morning sunshine, anyway, i'd say its sorta b-boy-ish

starshine-upskiboo-edit-1.mp3 - 3.08MB

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    the only versions we dance to are the julie driscoll one and the 5th dimension one. there is no "remix" per say.

08 flesh failures let the sunshine in.mp3 - 2.89MB

Thanks guys!