Clutchy Hopkins..Gimmick?

bsuwolfbsuwolf 83 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Just got done listening to the new Clutchy Hopkins release on Ubiquity, "Walking Backwards". I really enjoy it though it may not be everyone's cup of tea. My question is does anybody out in the soulstrut community know what person or persons are behind this project. I thought maybe some of the west-coast soulstrut producers may have an idea. I appreciate the ficticious manufactured legend behind the artist/cd for advertising/marketing reasons (internet); but it would be nice to put a little shine or praise on the actual person behind this project. Hopefully this isn't a well known secret and I am just totally .Any ideas would be appreciated!

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Just got done listening to the new Clutchy Hopkins release on Ubiquity, "Walking Backwards". I really enjoy it though it may not be everyone's cup of tea. My question is does anybody out in the soulstrut community know what person or persons are behind this project. I thought maybe some of the west-coast soulstrut producers may have an idea. I appreciate the ficticious manufactured legend behind the artist/cd for advertising/marketing reasons (internet); but it would be nice to put a little shine or praise on the actual person behind this project. Hopefully this isn't a well known secret and I am just totally .
    Any ideas would be appreciated!

I mean, this game of who it is. Is pretty stupid, but to me it sounds like Shawn lee + Dust Brothers. Though a friend of mine told me it's Cut Chemist.

- spidey

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    i met guy at Labcabin here in la, he for sure isn't cut chemist. clutchy's way more rotund.

• I can assure you its not cut chemist or shawn lee.

• Just got done listening to the new Clutchy Hopkins release on Ubiquity, "Walking Backwards". I really enjoy it though it may not be everyone's cup of tea. My question is does anybody out in the soulstrut community know what person or persons are behind this project. I thought maybe some of the west-coast soulstrut producers may have an idea. I appreciate the ficticious manufactured legend behind the artist/cd for advertising/marketing reasons (internet); but it would be nice to put a little shine or praise on the actual person behind this project. Hopefully this isn't a well known secret and I am just totally .

I like the stuff too although it is pretty wierd. Seems like these guys want to come up like Madlib did with the Yesterdays New Quintet in the beginning...
    Seriously i don??t care a lot about who he really is. Time will tell you the truth one day...

Anyway, did somebody listen to the first LP? I think the mane is Life Of Clutchy Hopkins. How is it and where can i get it?

• Just got done listening to the new Clutchy Hopkins release on Ubiquity, "Walking Backwards". I really enjoy it though it may not be everyone's cup of tea. My question is does anybody out in the soulstrut community know what person or persons are behind this project. I thought maybe some of the west-coast soulstrut producers may have an idea. I appreciate the ficticious manufactured legend behind the artist/cd for advertising/marketing reasons (internet); but it would be nice to put a little shine or praise on the actual person behind this project. Hopefully this isn't a well known secret and I am just totally .
    i found this just now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lo8OdJ1Kq8

• like the two new LP's (clutch of the tiger & people market).b,121b,121strutters may disagree but i still think his music is dope although i would like to hear some more vocals...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121agree, i still think his music is dope b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121I care not if certain strutters wag their hipster fingers, and snort derision down their aquiline coke-ravaged noses, I like the records.b,121b,121Sunday morning related.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121b,121Anyway, did somebody listen to the first LP? I think the mane is Life Of Clutchy Hopkins. How is it and where can i get it? b,121 b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121b,121It's good. You guys should also check the Misled Children stuff. b,121b,121Speaking of Cluchy...b,121b,121http://likeathrottle.blogspot.com/2008/09/youre-not-gonna-believe-this-schitt.htmlb,121b,121

• actually i wouldn't trust in guy who releases like four albums in a year but F*ck it! the clutchy stuff is special...

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121b,121It's good. You guys should also check the Misled Children stuff. b,121b,121 b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121There should be a BINGO Graemlin.b,121b,121Hey Spidey -

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121b,121Anyway, did somebody listen to the first LP? I think the mane is Life Of Clutchy Hopkins. How is it and where can i get it? b,121 b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121b,121It's good. You guys should also check the Misled Children stuff. b,121b,121Speaking of Cluchy...b,121b,121http://likeathrottle.blogspot.com/2008/09/youre-not-gonna-believe-this-schitt.htmlb,121b,121 b,121b,121h,121b,121b,121each senario of people bumping into him is so far fetched.b,121b,121I think I like Day's the best though...walking your dog and meeting a homeless guy with a magical recording studio in a cave sounds pretty awesome.

• Yea gimmick city... the music is good.

• another a href="http://www.amazon.com/Misled-Children-Meet-Odean-Pope/dp/B001EXBOSE" target="_blank"1album/a1 by Clutchy Hopkins... b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21 or img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif" alt="" 21 ???b, 21b, 21so this will be numner 5 this year!

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21another
    /a1 by Clutchy Hopkins...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21 or
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif" alt="" 21 ???
    b, 21
    b, 21so this will be numner 5 this year!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21This is a good one, great stuff.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    HAY GUYS, CHECK OUT THIS COOLb, 21BIG1BIG1BIG1BIG1BIG1BIG1VIRAL b, 21MARKETING b, 21THREAD

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    That Odean Pope record is good. They also just dropped the Clutch of the Tiger LP with Shawn Lee and there's more on the way. b, 21b, 21Err...or so I've heard img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• the "gimmick" is not the Clutchy Hopkins release, it's this very thread.

• Loved every release from him!!

• the Odena Pope KP is the best so far!
    i was bumping this the whole night...!

• i met guy at Labcabin here in la, he for sure isn't cut chemist. clutchy's way more rotund.

Speaking of rotund, a few people on my mailing list thought I was Clutchy Hopkins, because of the many pseudonyms I've used over the years. That one, unfortunately, isn't one of mine.